Help needed on Wendell Hall Ukulele info

taylorcrazy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am relatively new to playing the uke but recently saw some information regarding a Regal Wendell Hall uke from the 20s. I realize the spelling may not be correct but can someone tell me about them and give me an idea how much they are worth? Are they rare or can I hope to find one in good shape? I would greatly appreciate the help!

Wendell

Wendell Hall was a Vaudeville Entertainer famous for his red hair (which is why the ukuleles are often called red heads) who was an Regal's answer to Harmony Roy Smeck branded instruments The are all fairly standard Regal made Ukuleles and were in production from the late 20's early thirties until the 50's. As one of Regal's main ukuleles they are not very rare in the US (they weren't really exported so you don't see many outside North America). Value depends a lot on condition but they are not particularly valuable

Oops, careful not to mix the streams!

Regal made Wendell Hall Redhead, T-V, and Teeviola ukes, all fairly traditional ukuleles. The Redhead is quite commonly available, I have seen the others less frequently.

Ludwig made the Wendell Hall banjo uke, a different animal entirely, except that Hall's name appeared on it.

Top Bottom