UU Oahu gathering Tuesday Jan. 27, 2009

Dino

Reaction score
Hey all of you UU'ers.
We will be having another jam session at Yogurtland by the Univesity of Hawaii.
4:00 on Tuesday, Jan. 27th.

Attending will be: Aldrine, Experimentjon, Kaneohe till the end, Duanejudo, Dino, and maybe a special guest!

Hope to see a lot of you there!

I'd like to go there!

Hi, Dino and Hawaiian Ukulele Fans!
I will go to this jam sesson!

I really look foward to meet you!
But my English is very poor, so sorry.
Please talk me a little bit slowly..:worship:

cheeee pono!! actually i dont gett off of work til 5, might be a smidge late. ill try get off a little earlier

Last edited:
Argg UH is so far from my house ;_;

Unless I leave from school. How far is HCC to UH? Lol =w=

Argg UH is so far from my house ;_;

Unless I leave from school. How far is HCC to UH? Lol =w=

you go to HCC too? wow.

catch any one of the buses from HCC to alakea. wait in front of Subway for the A express and catch it to sinclair circle. when you get off, turn around completely and look to the right. yogurtland is surrounded by tables with umbrellas on em.

Woot. I'll be bringing my trusty Leolani, the only thing in my dorm. This time is perfect, since I end at 2:45ish. And that walk along Dole street is looooong.

Any chance I can bum a ride from Yogurtland to Da Cove then back to the Dorms?

Yay for international ukulele exchange! Please take some pics (or a small video???) for us to enjoy.

Woot. I'll be bringing my trusty Leolani, the only thing in my dorm. This time is perfect, since I end at 2:45ish. And that walk along Dole street is looooong.

Any chance I can bum a ride from Yogurtland to Da Cove then back to the Dorms?

ya, i gotta ask someone for a ride to the cove too. and probably back to ala moana

Aww man. Change of plans. I just found out that I'm scheduled to work a night-shift that day T-T

Oh wells xD

I guess you guys be riding with Uncle Dino........hahahahaha

I can haz ride too?
+1 request for uncle Dino

Kay, for those of you who didnt go or wanted to know,
we met up at yogurtland, i got there late (cuz thats how i roll, nah, had work). I showed off my especially warm, custom UU hoodie (thumbholes in the wrist cuffs) we played a little, tried to move (cause it was really cold and windy)around but failed, so one of Aldrine's friend's Chino (was that right?) got us into one of the warm dorm rooms to jam in. we played Im Yours and Aldrine played El Scorcho and a few other stuff then we collaboratively left for DHC, but we arrived at different times.

AYA, Dino (our driver), ExperimentJon, and me and my brother got there before Aldrine and we ate L&L (loco moco ftw). After eating Aldrine had already set up and Danyo Cummings was there.

Aldrine opened with Out of My League (i think), and from then on played Lets Go, Loud Phrases From the Quiet Type, and a few others and suddenly, Jake Shimabukuro walks through the door. His Kamaka has the most amazing curl of any wood i have ever seen. He and Aldrine played a mean Bodysurfing, Is There A Place with Danyo, Sunday Morning, Brown Eyed Girl, Breezin, and a few others i think (hard to remember everything). Jake played Thriller by himself, then played Drop Baby Drop with Aldrine. after that Aldrine played more stuff with Danyo: Butterflies are Gone, You Don't Know Me, and Red and Silky. Aldrine played more while Jake signed my brothers 'ukulele case. Aldrine brought up his friend Neelo(or Nilo idk), a bad ass harmonica player, he and Aldrine played Waiting in Vain and Nilo played his song Extravaganza by himself (it was like being abducted by aliens). Aldy finished with Bandito Tyler and we hung out for a while. Jake gave Aldrine this awesome instrument cable before he left and Dino dropped AYA off, then EJ, then my brother and me, all the way in Kane'ohe from town and now he has to drive all the way back to Mililani. Somebody deach the man. Much mahalo to Dino, Aldrine, Danyo, Jake, and all the people that make my life not suck.

o yea, pictures will be up when i find my cord to connect my phone to the computer. Someone took video, so hopefully that will get posted too.

on a side note, i met Herb Ohta Jr. and Roy Sakuma during my lunch break. I met 3 'ukulele legends in one day. pretty good day if you ask me

Aww man. Change of plans. I just found out that I'm scheduled to work a night-shift that day T-T

Oh wells xD

i think i saw you tuesday morning. i was wearing my UU hoodie and my uke

Last edited:
It's always a great time to get together and chill.......literally CHILL....it was so cold. Anyway, here are some pics after we sought some shelter in a warm room......through my cell phone....since I forgot my camera. Attended the get together was: Aldrine, Aya, Chino, Experimentjon, Justin, Dustin, Lorenzo, Nikki and myself Dino. We'll try and get other pictures up later

Attachments

• 0127091744.jpg
    0127091744.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 0127091744a.jpg
    0127091744a.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 0127091745.jpg
    0127091745.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 0127091746.jpg
    0127091746.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 0127091746a.jpg
    0127091746a.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 8
Here's a not too clear picture of Danyo Cummings, Aldrine and the man himself Jake Shimabukuro. I had to use my cell phone since I forgot my camera. This was at Diamondhead Health Bar. Let me tell you.....this was the first time I have ever got to see Jake play live.......the man is unreal. It's one thing to hear a recording of his, but to see him play in person.......it is a must!

Attachments

• 0127091948.jpg
    0127091948.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 7
it was pretty fun

and jake signed my ukulele

awesomeness!

Top Bottom