Nud

Ritata

Reaction score
Upgraded from Luna tattoo concert laminate to a vietnamese import from Taisamlu on ebay. ;)It is an Alulu concert Hummingbird. Solid Acacia top sides and back With MOP inlays
Headplate: acacia
Neck : mahogany
Fingerboard : rosewood, MOP inlay birds
Bridge:rosewood
Nut & Saddle: buffalo bones
Tuners :geared metal
Aquila strings.
I will post a sound sample as soon as I can figure out how to move it from my phone to here.
I am liking the sound a lot. it has opened up quite a bit since I got it last month and is louder than when it was out of the box. The action is a little high at the 10th -16th frets and this week there has been a slight buzz in my A string when it is played open, but I am going to have it set up as soon as I get some living water strings for it. I love the aquilas on my Luna, but feel like i can get even more out of this uke with different strings so I will try the highly touted living water strings. It has been the uke I pick up every day since I got it and now I think it is more than Just because it is new. The sound is much smoother than my laminate Luna and seems fuller. I cant wait to try new strings on it.

Rita

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 36
Don't forget to keep it hydrated over there in dry old Texas

I have been keeping an eye on the humidity and will have a humidifier by christmas! Still havent had weather dry enough to be concerned but it is on the way! We should be at 21 degrees this weekend and had 76 degreees today , those kinds of temperature swings can crack a uke over time for sure!

Top Bottom