WTB: Mainland Mahogany Slothead Concert or Tenor

Splash81

Reaction score
Hello, I'm interested in purchasing either a concert or tenor Mainland Mahogany Slothead ukulele from their 'Simply Beautiful' series (no rope binding, cutaway, etc.). I'm fairly new to UU, but I have 100% positive feedback on ebay under the name 'theskullmaraca'. Just curious if someone has one they're looking to possibly pass on. Located in NY, USA. Thank you!

I have one but I feel all "cold-dead-hands" about it. Have you tried contacting Mike at Mainland, maybe?

I have one but I feel all "cold-dead-hands" about it. Have you tried contacting Mike at Mainland, maybe?

Haha, I understand! I can't find the tenor style anywhere, Mike said that they will be getting some more in eventually, though.

Did you ask about any ones with blems? I almost got one, but I wanted a picture of the blem and never got one so I ended up pulling the trigger on something else.

Did you ask about any ones with blems? I almost got one, but I wanted a picture of the blem and never got one so I ended up pulling the trigger on something else.

No, I didn't think to ask, but I might look into that. Thanks!

Had to take a look at this thread. I have always wondered why I never see a mainland tenor in the MM. Now I know, no one will part with theirs. I even started to wonder if mainland had a tenor! I have been to the NC ukulele academy and Kent has a bunch of ukes and mainlands but sadly no tenor.

I have a Mainland slot head I don't play that often (I don't play tenor much at all) and I've tried to bring myself to sell it and every time I end up playing it for a few minutes and then not being able to let it go. Just happened again...

John

I have a Mainland slot head I don't play that often (I don't play tenor much at all) and I've tried to bring myself to sell it and every time I end up playing it for a few minutes and then not being able to let it go. Just happened again...

John

Don't you hate/love it when that happens! I can relate!

quit teasing the guy! HA!

John

And the search continues. I guess it's a good sign that these don't seem to come up for sale used very often!

Top Bottom