This weekend in Winchester VA

bonesigh

Reaction score
Hey all,
I haven't run into too many uke players (unless I'm teaching 'em) that live in my area. My club is about 50 mins east of me. Anyway just wanted to let anyone know who might be close and wanted to play and sing some Christmas carols to drop by the SPCA Bazaar this weekend. I am the entertainment (kind of scary since it's my first gig). Just donating my time to a good cause and hoping I don't come home with yet another animal, lol :)

Saturday 12/7/2013 from 10-4
Sunday 12/8/2013 from 12-4

It is held at the New Adoption Center
111 Featherbed Lane
Winchester, Va.22601
540 450 2710

I've had walking pneumonia this past week during Thanksgiving and I still can't sing that well. My plan is to ask others to sing, sing a few myself and do some instrumentals like "The Snowman". I'm not going to bail on them.

Wish me luck!

Kind of disappointed in you guys ): 30 people look at this post and not one even say's "Good Luck". Ah well, good thing I have thick feathers. Anyway, the gig yesterday was super fantastic and fun, fun, fun. I'm so sad it was cancelled:stop: today because of snow. I had new songs ready to go. Sigh.

I had just clicked to reply with encouragement, Janet, when I saw your second post.

I'm sorry it was cancelled because surely people are disappointed, but maybe nature is taking care of your health.

I'm glad Saturday's performance went well. On Saturday I played with five other people from my ukulele meetup group at a street fair celebrating the opening of a new mosaic staircase in the Sunset District of San Francisco. It was cold (by SF standards) and windy (even by SF standards), but we had fun. I could never imagine playing a gig like that by myself, so I admire you for that specifically, and generally for just being charitable with your time and music talent. This coming Saturday, weather permitting, many of the same people will be playing holiday music at Pier 7 on SF's Embarcadero. I hope you get to play again for the SPCA.

As for no responses to your thread, try not to take it personally. I started a thread entitled "Happy Thanksgiving" in the General Discussion forum just before Thanksgiving in the hopes that others might say a word or two about something for which they were thankful this year and I got 16 looks and no responses.

Last edited:
Heh, Thanks Ginny and nah, mds, I'm not taking it personally. It just seemed odd. Glad you had fun in SF! I grew up in So. S.F. practically under the "The Industrial City" cement letters. I miss it there. I moved to VA 8 years ago from San Jose. Merry Christmas to you guys :)

Late to the thread but I hope you are feeling better.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Top Bottom