What the ... just bought a Fluke?

peaceweaver3

Reaction score
Go ahead. Tell me I'm insane. I already know this, so why shouldn't everyone else? :eek: I've had 4 Fleas (3 sopranos and a tenor) over the past 4 years. And a brief affair with a solid body Fluke - that did not end well. So I figured, no more Fluke, didn't like the shape, and I'm sure at the time I listed many reasons why we were all wrong together.

I've been without a Flea too long (a little over 2 months), playing my kid's Lanikai LU21C - talk about bad ideas! I thought, if I'm gonna get another Flea, it must have the pretty hibiscus soundhole and be a tenor. I loved the tenor scale on my last one. So I put out a WTB here and on FMM. And some enabler, I mean fellow UU'er, offered me a Fluke, just the right configuration plus a hard case, at a price I simply couldn't refuse!

So it appears the Fluke and I are going to try again. One thing I know, I do like the sound, the intonation will be perfect, and I'd rather have an acoustic than a solid body. I just can't believe I did that. What will all the Fleas think?

'Xcuse me, maybe some caffeine will help! And thank you for your kind attention. I'll post a NUD, of course! :D

I am not going to be the one to tell you. That you are insane. Fleas and flukes are great fun. Congratulations!

Did you buy the beach scene with the blue back, Crystal? That was a sweetie. If you don't happen to bond this time around, PM me, I'd love it.

That pretty beachy one may already be on its way downunder, Jon.... ;)

Just be sure you are clear when talking to your non-uking friends about having fleas in the past. :rofl:

I love my Fluke. I took it to Australia for a month and it was great to have on vacation. Right now it's on the stand next to my desk and I play it several times a day.

Go ahead. Tell me I'm insane. I already know this, so why shouldn't everyone else?

Okay, you're insane. I am too.

Not that that has anything to do with ukuleles, but it can't hurt.

I love my Fluke, and my Firefly.

Aww man, great buy I reckon. That one's a pretty rare bird y'know. Couldn't believe the price. I never normally hesitate but did for some bizarre reason with that one. Anyway congrats mate!!!! I'm sure you'll love it, but my offer stands, if you don't bond with her pleeeez let me know, K?
:cheers:

Would love to see pics of the your fleas n flukes...

Here is my holy trinity...

The firefly is your standard plastic fretboard etc as sold by elderly music.

The flea and fluke though are rosewood fretboard, and Peghed tuners, they are my go to travel ukes...

Saved some cash by picking the design that was considered 2nds... I wanted these designs specifically and flea market music has these that had a slight fading... It just so happens that that "defect" looks fine with the surfboard motif, and the pineapple.... So I feel I got lucky... These are keepers for sure...

image.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF3702.jpgDSCF6886.jpgDSCF6888.jpgDSCF6901.jpg

nice collection Ivan. These are the only two I had, both nolonger with me. Beach tenor fluke and Batik concert flea. Yep, I miss em, they sounded awesome.

Congrats what a great catch...:)

I love my tenor M20 fluke...great volume and tone...voice is just right.... only wish they made thinner necks, but i am fine with it as I love the sound....isn't that what matters most
as for the shape, I like is and can stand it on it's side...

Last edited:
Aww man, great buy I reckon. That one's a pretty rare bird y'know. Couldn't believe the price. I never normally hesitate but did for some bizarre reason with that one. Anyway congrats mate!!!! I'm sure you'll love it, but my offer stands, if you don't bond with her pleeeez let me know, K?
:cheers:
Yep ...have been looking for one of these for quite a while now. Jumped in as soon as I saw it - and luckily Mrs Fisherman agreed it was a beauty! Will definitely let you know first if I decide to sell someday.

The fluke was the first good ukulele I owned. Hopefully it works well with low g. I think I prefer that concert flea since it cuts through better acoustically. That peeping "flake" stays at work, I was fortunate to get a good one.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have 2 Flukes a concert and a Tenor I keep one in my work truck and play it daily. Its been in my truck for 4 years they are almost indestructible and sound great.
One of the best things for me is they are made in the USA by a great company who stands behind the interments

Top Bottom