Last.fm

Jimmy

Reaction score
I recently joined this Last.fm thing, basically it's a plugin for your computer music player (Winamp, iTunes, WMP etc.). Then as you listen it'll tell people what you're listening to or what you've listened to on your Last.fm profile! It's delightfully simple for logging what you've listened to and stalking your friend's music tastes. Here's mine.

I recently joined this Last.fm thing, basically it's a plugin for your computer music player (Winamp, iTunes, WMP etc.). Then as you listen it'll tell people what you're listening to or what you've listened to on your Last.fm profile! It's delightfully simple for logging what you've listened to and stalking your friend's music tastes. Here's mine.

im sure this is cool but im worried about them getting other things. if you let a server in to see what you do on the computer doenst that give a hacker an easy way to get to your compter????
Just A thought.

Howlie Boy:cool:

It's not looking at what you're doing on the computer. It's just going straight from your music player to the internet.

If you're worried about your computer being on the internet, why are you using a browser to use these forums?

Dont take it to heart

Nope not woried about it but i do know how those programs work... my grandfather was one of the early hackers, and helped to creat alot of those "spy" programs that are used today. the program may only be going from the music player to the internet but this creats a hole in your firewall. trust me i know. ive had a few computers taken over. ever heard of the melissa, or love virus???? yup had them both. thats how they got in.

Oh and by the way i wasnt trying to be mean was just putting my opinion, you posted and i replied... all of this is IMO. Dont take it to heart.

Howlie boy:cool:

I used to hang out on Last.fm loads. Met loads of cool people on it. But I've gone off it recently. I got a new computer and didn't bother reinstalling the scrobbler.

Howlie Boy: I think if last.fm were doing anything underhand, it would have come out by now.

Top Bottom