PDA

View Full Version : Impending nud.

Wongo
12-08-2013, 08:55 AM
I ordered a ukulele yesterday and am now awaiting its arrival. So far I've looked at it online, checked emails goodness knows how many times. I've got 5 days of waiting so this could be a long week for me.
What else does everybody do when they are waiting for the postman to arrive with your newest addition?

Dan Uke
12-08-2013, 09:16 AM
post on UU about getting a new uke

Kyle23
12-08-2013, 09:28 AM
What kind is it?

Wongo
12-08-2013, 09:54 AM
It's a RISA lp tenor in black.

kohanmike
12-08-2013, 09:58 AM
I just play my other ukuleles.

cigarfan
12-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I just play my other ukuleles.

^^ This. Cause they will probably be neglected some upon the new arrival.

blue_knight_usa
12-08-2013, 12:14 PM
It's a RISA lp tenor in black.

I have the sunburst LP tenor and still am amazed every time I play it how incredibly cool it sounds with the dual humbuckers plugged into my Vox amp. It is also built incredibly well. Just like throwing a Les Paul in the washing machine and shrinking it, but having it come out with 4 strings :-). It a complete blast to play and especially if you like bending notes and playing blues or some serious rock. I played with some friends who had guitars and when I took it out of the case they chuckled and teased me saying it was "cute" but then their jaws dropped when they heard it plugged into a JBL EON. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Olarte
12-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Funny, I'm waiting for a risa lp sunburst myself.... The darn DHL tracking has been stuck since Tuesday 5 days saying it's being transferred to this country. Argh!!!!

I'm so looking forward to this different type of Uke!!

vanflynn
12-08-2013, 03:03 PM
As soon as I get the tracking number I drive myself and my wife crazy rechecking the status constantly.

BigD
12-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Ive got a a new guitar on the way and ive been banned from checking the shipping tracker any more lol probably for the best, but once it comes the hours you spent waiting are like nothing!

Kyle23
12-08-2013, 04:35 PM
As soon as I get the tracking number I drive myself and my wife crazy rechecking the status constantly.

I know this feel all too well.

Wongo
12-09-2013, 05:29 AM
I think we all know the horror of waiting. I'm hoping mine will be here before Friday. Hoping being the key word

stevenyoo
12-09-2013, 05:44 AM
My new uke is currently being built by Kanile'a and I have to wait 4-5 more weeks for it!

I feel your pain

ogg
12-09-2013, 05:50 AM
I think we all know the horror of waiting. I'm hoping mine will be here before Friday. Hoping being the key word

Just image every mailman and delivery guy on the path to your house, gently takes the uke out of the box and plays it for awhile, then with a big smile on their face they put it back in the box, wrap it all up just like it was and hands it off to the next guy on the way to your home.

;)

aquadan
12-09-2013, 06:22 AM
My tin can-julele has been delivered to campus so I can stop reading the delivery status!

But no clue on whether it will make it to my office today or not. :confused: A Del Rey DVD was delivered Saturday and I haven't seen it yet, so I may not get my hands on the uke today.

peaceweaver3
12-09-2013, 11:20 AM
I have 3 days now...
What else do I do? Think about how it will sound and what it will be like to play - since I happen to actually know that in this case. And try to keep down that nervous feeling, you know the one. :D

Olarte
12-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Argh!!!!

The Risa stick is stuck in limbo from fedex, it now has no delivery date.... Was shipped a week all from California.

The Risa sunburst lp from Germany has not been updated at dhl since it left 5'days ago!!!!

Wongo
12-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Argh!!!!

The Risa stick is stuck in limbo from fedex, it now has no delivery date.... Was shipped a week all from California.

The Risa sunburst lp from Germany has not been updated at dhl since it left 5'days ago!!!!

Ouch that sucks. Hope you receive both soon

frukmana
12-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Olarte, i feel you. I have similar thing going right now. The usps tracking said that my uke has arrived 3 days ago stucked or as they said being processed by customs in Indonesia.... Geez those guys at customs are real pain in the arse. They gonna put whatever taxes they like to get my ukes... Arrrrghhh

RedRamen
12-11-2013, 08:23 AM
While waiting for the new uke to arrive, I sit my other ukes down and have a talk with them about how the new uke is not going to change our relationship and how I will still love them the same.

Olarte
12-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Good news and bad news.... Fedex shows a date again for my Risa Stick It should be here tomorrow... it's finally on the east coast!

As for the Risa Sunburst LP, sadly that still shows as last being in Germany 10 days ago!!! so much for a global marketplace! ugh!

But I'm sure they will be both well worth it!

I guess I should smile, after all Risa means smile in Spanish :D

peaceweaver3
12-11-2013, 10:19 AM
While waiting for the new uke to arrive, I sit my other ukes down and have a talk with them about how the new uke is not going to change our relationship and how I will still love them the same.

Do they take it well? And do they believe it after the new arrival? Or has experience taught them otherwise? I have a feeling there have been some very sad ukes, mostly in cases or gig bags, wondering when that new baby will either get old, or simply disappear. Unfortunately, I've probably inflicted this on at least one uke. :(

But here's cheering on all the ukes-in-transit!

stevepetergal
12-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Plan Bank robberies.

Olarte
12-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Ok, so the Risa Stick arrived yesterday, unfortunately it has a nasty hum and after doing some research I was able to fix it by using a ground wire from the jack to any part on my body.

The seller was very understanding so we agreed on a discount on the price rather than keep shipping it back and forth and someone eating all the shipping charges.

Aside from that, though it's a nice uke and I have strung it with Low G. If you want to see what it can do check out Steven Strauss on youtube, he is awesome with this Stick and I'm jamming along with him and his group.

Now for the RIsa LP Sunburst, Alas that is still not updates since 10 days ago. DHL did respond and said it takes 10-12 business days typically which will bring the date to mid-next week.

And their final comment is to inquire with the seller if it does not arrive by January 8th! Argh!!! I'm sure it will be fine but still! ugh!

I hope I get it before xmas.

Wongo
12-13-2013, 11:42 AM
I have learnt a very valuable lesson. DO NOT SHOP ONLINE WHEN UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL. I managed to forget to put my house number down on the address. Also my tracking number changed when the parcel hit British soil. All sorted now it should be here tomorrow after goodness knows how many phone calls.
DONT SHOP DRUNK lol

Wongo
12-16-2013, 08:35 AM
It's here finally it's here. First impressions.... Wow. It's stunning. beautifully made. Feels lovely to hold and so easy to play. Will post more when I've had time to mess around with it.61986
Will post some more pictures soon

Olarte
12-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Congratulations Wongo, although it looks like you were drinking again when you took the pic! haha :cheers:

I'm still waiting for my sunburst, which has not moved in 12 (10 business) days.. hopefully It will arrive before xmas...

I think I got lucky, looks like mine was one of the last production runs for the year. they show the sunburst now not in stock until feb 2014!

Enjoy it, and be sure to post some pics and video\sound samples...

cigarfan
12-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Congrats Wongo! Glad your wait is done.

Olarte
12-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Would you believe no updates at DHL since 12/3 that's 20 days...

I guess there's no hope of getting my risa lp for Xmas... Oh well. And ai have another one tenor stick right behind that which left Germany on 12/18 5 days ago.

Good Grief!!!!