Anyone about to start KEV's Quickstart Fingerstyle?

Meteorite

Reaction score
Just starting now, and I figured it might be nice to have some mutual hand-holding and/or encouragement from people doing the same thing!:)

No but I want to. I just have to wait till after the holidays since money is always tight this time of year. Will you post how it's going for you. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it, I consider myself beginner although I've been working at it for 7 months. I do have quite a few chords down and am much better at the barre chords so I'm hopeful. Let us know what you think!!

Is this in reference to the book/CD or is there another medium?

Is this in reference to the book/CD or is there another medium?

Yes, Book/CD - saw someone post here that they had had success with it and I decided to bite the bullet. I have other material but figured if I forced myself to work through the exercises in a very disciplined way I might achieve something!

Yes, Book/CD - saw someone post here that they had had success with it and I decided to bite the bullet. I have other material but figured if I forced myself to work through the exercises in a very disciplined way I might achieve something!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Think I'll add it to my Christmas list. ;-)

Hurray! Now come the difficult parts.
First the hand position on page 10 looks like you need a broken wrist. Second the first exercise 'Riffin the blues' (track 8) is made up of all those things I've avoided as too tricky; hammer-ons and pull-offs. Going to have to dig out the metronome and grit my teeth

Last edited:
urray! Now come the difficult parts.
First the hand position on page 10 looks like you need a broken wrist. Second the first exercise 'Riffin the blues' (track 8) is made up of all those things I've avoided as too tricky; hammer-ons and pull-offs. Going to have to dig out the metronome and grit my teeth

Agreed. I've now learned that my favorite practice uke doesn't have enough sustain to be able to hear the second note in the hammer-ons and pull-offs. I'll have to experiment tonight.

Book ordered along with another book from Mark Nelson (one of my favorite Fingerstyle instruction writers).

Kvehe has very kindly created a group for everyone who wants to work their way through this book with us. (BTW I have no connection with KEV so this is not a publicity drve!)
Quickstart Fingerstyle Ukulele is a public group.
I think the easy way to join is to do a search for Quckstart Fingerstyle and the group should be found. Then you can click on the group title, go up to a group tools pulldown and click on join.

Last edited:
Top Bottom