For sale: Mele double puka 6 string mahogany tenor with hardshell case

Status
Not open for further replies.

haolejohn

Reaction score
Why? I bought a guitar and have to pay for it.
Specs: a couple years old. I bought it for around $400, I don't remember. It is solid mahogany with a few dings on it. Tried to photo them (hopefully you can see them). Currently strung low g and low a with worth browns. It's been in a case since May and have only taken it out to check humidity and change the a string to low a.
Price: $300 obo with free us shipping (I live in Alaska bush and only have post office as shipping option)
Or best offer we split shipping. I'm looking to move the uke b/c I bought a guitar
I also offer the chance to give it a trial run. If you don't like it you can resend it (you pay) and I will refund your money minus shipping costs. I'll give you 3 days to decide.

Disclaimer* Uke is in good shape. There are some scratches and dings, but it is a player...not a trophy. I do have some nicer photos but the files are to big to upload. I live in the Alaskan Bush and my internet connection is worse than dial up. But I do have it. I think the back scratches could possibly be buffed out. It doesn't bother me.
Payment by paypal preferred, If you want to send a check or money order, you must wait until it clears before I ship.
Here is a video: Need to reshoot video, the file is to large for my internet connection.

Here are some pics:
1477735_10151939717380208_131806188_n.jpg

1476307_10151939717385208_1672767553_n.jpg

1456549_10151939717365208_1725204208_n.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously doubt anyone could get a better sounding mahogany tenor for $300. If I didn't already have a 6 string, this baby would be on it's way to me.

Last edited:
the links for pics or video don't work for me?

They aren't up. They are on my phone and I am having to link from FB. Unless someone knows how to upload to the website from a iphone. I have really nice pictures I took with my cannon, but the internet connection is to slow to upload them.

John, I forgot to tell you I just went to Mele Ukulele on Maui a few weeks ago, I chatted with Cheryl (I think? bad with names!) and she asked how you were doing.
I played some sweet mahogany six and eight string double pukas, and if I weren't flying to Cali in two weeks and need the $ I would buy yours in a heartbeat.
Good luck with the sale, I cannot imagine getting a better deal than that people!

can't believe somebody hasn't snapped this up. I would, but I already have a Mele 6. they have a really unique woody sound, and some really nice binding. I paid more for mine, by the way and think I got a great deal.

can't believe somebody hasn't snapped this up. I would, but I already have a Mele 6. they have a really unique woody sound, and some really nice binding. I paid more for mine, by the way and think I got a great deal.

I got a possible trade, but I prefer to sell it. I'm waiting a little longer. It does have a nice sound. It has some love showing on it. But that is fine by me.
We shall see...

The scratches look superficial...can they be treated with 000?

I've had good luck cleaning up dingy finishes and strum marks on a wide variety of finishes with Meguiar's Ultimate compound. I got it in an auto parts store. I always test in an inconspicuous spot 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom