1957 Martin Tenor

Les Corley

Reaction score
P1020486.jpgP1020488.jpgP1020489.jpgP1020479.JPGP1020485.jpg
I have a Martin Tenor that I bought in Hawaii in 57 when I was in the Navy when I got out I left it in custody of a family member where the back got a crack & was poorly repaired. It has a gusset on the inside to repair the crack but needs to be redone. The decal on the headstock is missing but every thing else is all original still sounds great no rattles or buzzes.Going to sell it but don't know what to ask would appreciate your input thanks

Looks like a treasure to me. I would keep it if I were you, you'll never find another.

saw one in a music store for $750 and I thought that was a great price. didn;t look as clean as yours, but didn't have the crack either.
there are a few on ebay with buy it now for 1300 to 1900, but those are asking prices, not completed sales.
they are great ukes, I love my Martin baritone. do an ebay search for completed sales and see what they sold for. list it here 1st, I'm sure there are a few UUers that would love this[me included]

Last edited:
Martin market is a tad soft now (as is the entire uke market), so now I think it'd go for about 850 doll hairs on the Bay. At its prime, 2-3 years ago, it'd bring about 1400. (note: people on eBay asking that much, but not selling; and those are more vintage than even 1957, typically).

If you wait until the next wave of ukulele popularity--which is after this one fizzles completely, like Crocs and bollo ties, by 2016--it would bring in considerably more. I predict the next wave of uke popularity to be in 2030. So, your age, health and level of patience has something to do with it, as well as if you have back rent due.
:eek:

It's a nice uke, for sure.

Top Bottom