Do you know this Ukulele?

Dwave

Reaction score
Found this custom made soprano solid Koa. It is labeled Kele. I had heard builder was in Northern California. Anyone have more information?Kele 4.jpgKele.jpgKele 2.jpgKele 3.jpg

More photos....it came with a great case as well...Kele 7.jpgKele 5.jpgKele 6.jpg

That is one nice looking ukulele. Unfortunately, I don't know the brand name but nonetheless, you've got a sweet uke on your hands.

That is one nice looking ukulele. Unfortunately, I don't know the brand name but nonetheless, you've got a sweet uke on your hands.

Yes, I have to say that is amazing looking, amazing KOA, racing stripe fret board, the back is completely domed that the pictures don't show. The sad thing I realized is I a not a Soprano guy. I may have to let it go.

http://database.ukulelecorner.org.uk/

It's not on Lardy's, so it doesn't exist.

It might be a Kala, from back when they ran out of "A's" for a couple weeks in 2008. If so, it's quite a find and a collector's instrument, sometimes fetching two or three times the price of a regular Kala; so, that one might bring about 80 or 90 clams.

Cool pix, brother Dwave.

http://database.ukulelecorner.org.uk/

It's not on Lardy's, so it doesn't exist.

It might be a Kala, from back when they ran out of "A's" for a couple weeks in 2008. If so, it's quite a find and a collector's instrument, sometimes fetching two or three times the price of a regular Kala; so, that one might bring about 80 or 90 clams.

Cool pix, brother Dwave.

No I do not believe it is a Kala. Way to many glue marks within this Uke, not anything near a production ukulele. My story form the person I bought it from is transplatend Hawaiian in Northern California built this uke but I do not have any more info than that. I paid a little more than $90 clams based on the Koa.

If you rearrange the letters, they form "Leek". It's possible that this was a secret attempt to penetrate the US market by Pete Howlett.

Top Bottom