FS: Black Bear #354: Mahogany Sopranino Pinapple

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypete

Reaction score
Lovely sound, great action, entrancing golden brown mahogany with elegant clean lines. Rosewood binding & fingerboard, Friction Tuners w/ Koa buttons. Deleriously fun to play. Another inspired Heilman classic. Not this uke but its sister. I have another sopranino, this beauty is underplayed and I am in general UAS recovery. Additional photos (note: there is a MOV file in this photo set in which I incorrectly identify the tuners as planetary, they are friction, work great). $450 shipped USA.

BB_sopnino01_all.jpgBB_sopnino05_back.jpgBB_sopnino10_head.jpgBB_sopnino04_label.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested, do you have any sound sample or video I can see/hear the tone?
Bill

I'm interested, do you have any sound sample or video I can see/hear the tone?
Bill
Actually, if you follow the link to the additional pictures, there is a .MOV file in the Flicr gallery.
bill

Is this the same scale as a standard soprano? How much smaller is it ?

The scale is 11.5" vs 13" for the soprano, that's 11.5% smaller. I don't have soprano pineapple so it is hard for me to compare body sizes objectively. It feels small and adorable, like holding a 3 month old puppy, but less squirmy. I love to play it, have no difficulty with its picayune size. If you check out the additional photos, you will notice the thickness is greater in the lower bout (assuming a pineapple can be said to have a lower bout) which yields a good sized resonating chamber and plenty of sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom