91.2 KB · Views: 325
  • ZOE_0009.jpg
    ZOE_0009.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 495
  • ZOE_0010.jpg
    ZOE_0010.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Do you know the year this 'uke was built?
Any other history or glamour shots you can share?
Sound clip?
Thanks.

Then I don't know which year exactly it was built, but as it is a "Manuel Nunes & Sons", not just "Manuel Nunes", it must be after 1910
Yea I try to share more pictures, probably tomorrow it is already evening in Paris :)

I have a friend who owns a Leonardo Nunes vintage uke. Perhaps if he's lucky that is Manuel Nunes's great great grandfather. lol

That's a good looking Manny Nunes. Enjoyed the google pictures, too.

Leonardo was Manuel's son. Am I missing a joke?

No, I did mean, if lucky, Leonardo may be Manny's great great grandfather. If so, then Leonardo's uke is, like two-hundred years old! :)

Leonardo was Manuel's son. Still wondering if I'm too dense to get the joke.

this uke was made in Downtown Honolulu....it is amazing condition just as my leonardo nunes uke...
Yes I wish I had his dad's uke too.. :) can you tell me if it has ivory pegs or wooden?

this uke was made in Downtown Honolulu....it is amazing condition just as my leonardo nunes uke...
Yes I wish I had his dad's uke too.. :) can you tell me if it has ivory pegs or wooden?

I doubt they are real ivory pegs, more than likely an early plastic of some sort. They are not wood. I have had a few sets of these pegs in the past. These look in very good condition but they tend to get very brittle with age.

I doubt they are real ivory pegs, more than likely an early plastic of some sort. They are not wood. I have had a few sets of these pegs in the past. These look in very good condition but they tend to get very brittle with age.
Thnak you .....oops I meant to say Ivory or plastic....brain and fingers working differently..:) A year or so ago, I came across a vintage bergstrom ukulele with ornate carved tuning pegs, I didn't even want to tune it as it they broke, I would have to pay for it... guess it's a wall hanger and a expensive one at that... :) it was like over 2000 clams

Last edited:
Hi there,
I'm right next to Paris 5 minutes by subway, so a local pickup is possible in Paris if interested

Cheers !

I wish this had been posted several days earlier. We came through paris on the way to Valloire. Will be leaving out of Geneva Saturday. Would have liked to have seen this uke. my timing sucks!

*** correct myself.... wish I had seen this post earlier. I see now it was originally posted a couple months ago. It wasn't bumped until recently.

Last edited:
he is okay, still in perfect condition since last time ! I can't say the same about his felt case, the holes are enlarged :D
when you arrive to Paris ? maybe I can be available before you leave to Valloire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom