Beware of Ebay Seller mossirgyevot!!!

Reaction score
UU Friends,

I was looking at some ukuleles on Ebay this afternoon when I came across a photo of MY personal ukulele that I have had for sale on the UU for some time now. The only problem is that I have never listed anything on Ebay. I do not even have Ebay an account. Ebay seller mossirgyevot had photos of my personal ukulele that I assume he had taken from the UU website and listed my ukulele without permission at an incredibly high price. He even listen his shipping location from the same state that I live in. Just thought you guys/girls should know!!!

UU Friends,

I was looking at some ukuleles on Ebay this afternoon when I came across a photo of MY personal ukulele that I have had for sale on the UU for some time now. The only problem is that I have never listed anything on Ebay. I do not even have Ebay an account. Ebay seller mossirgyevot had photos of my personal ukulele that I assume he had taken from the UU website and listed my ukulele without permission at an incredibly high price. He even listen his shipping location from the same state that I live in. Just thought you guys/girls should know!!!
Are you able to post the link coz I can't find it

Who says he's listing your ukulele? He might just be using your photos because he hasn't any way of taking any of his own.

I'm not saying this is cool, just trying to suggest a possible explanation. He has got decent feedback, after all, which might suggest he isn't a scammer.

The listing has ended. Shipping at $400. Really?

Anyway, this practice of posting pics of similar ukes to the one you are selling really sucks. Maybe two years ago, I saw a listing for a Martin. The pic of the front was that of a 3K. The one of the back was a 5K. I contacted the seller, who said he was too busy to take his own pictures, but would once he had the time. Turned out it was a Style 1. He or she is no longer an Ebay seller.

Thanks for the head's up, Mcraig. He sounds like a rat fink.

Have you checked your uke case lately. Maybe it is your uke!

:confused: your uke in the picture, in your house...
:confused: same state as you...
...I'm going to state the obvious here; "mossirgyevot" is your wife! :eek:

:confused: your uke in the picture, in your house...
:confused: same state as you...
...I'm going to state the obvious here; "mossirgyevot" is your wife! :eek:

One of the best posts ever.

Lol pretty funny. But my wife doesn't actually want me to sell.

Even if the guy/girl has a similar uke we all know that no two sets of wood are the same. It's pretty lame to use somebody else's photos. If you notice, he even used my description which makes him sound like a scam artist to me.

Lol pretty funny. But my wife doesn't actually want me to sell.

Even if the guy/girl has a similar uke we all know that no two sets of wood are the same. It's pretty lame to use somebody else's photos. If you notice, he even used my description which makes him sound like a scam artist to me.

Looks like the listing ended. I read his feedback. Not terrible but the negative reviews didn't give him any credit in my mind.

I collect books and I've seen maybe something like this happen on Ebay. You find a rare book that someone is selling (not on Ebay), list it on Ebay with their pictures and description for a higher price. If someone bids on it, you quickly buy and sell the book, making a profit in the transaction (maybe even having it shipped from the original seller). If the book sells before you've had a chance to buy it, you apologize to your buyer saying that you've just realized that the book is not a first edition (or something else) and therefore worthless. The Ebay buyer thinks you're a really honest person. This is not an honest transaction.

I don't know that this is what's happening in this case but it sounds similar.

Top Bottom