Another Example of Amazing Mya Moe Customer Service

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
So I bought a used Mya Moe tenor off of Craigslist and it arrived with what looks like an attempt to lower the action by sanding down the saddle which went too far. As a result, when played hard the frets buzz. It looked like the saddle was cut to match the radius of the fretboard so I didn't want to use just any saddle to replace it.

I emailed Mya Moe, mid day Saturday, about a uke that I didn't even buy from them asking if I could buy a replacement saddle. Within a couple of hours I got an email back from Gordon offering (a) to mail me a new saddle free of charge, or (b) if I wanted to pay for shipping to fix it for free!! I thought this was incredibly generous; I asked him to send me the new saddle since I can easily get it set up here. It seems like a bit of effort to mail the uke back to Mya Moe.

This is seriously amazing considering that (a) I didn't even buy the uke from them, and (b) the problem with the uke is clearly the result of someone's botched attempt to alter it, and (c) this was a rapid response on a Saturday.

Yep, they are great. You should also ask them to transfer the ownership of record to you. Which they probably did already.

As for the instrument itself it is the one I would take to any Uke festival and the one I perform with the most. It's that good!

So I bought a used Mya Moe tenor off of Craigslist ...

I emailed Mya Moe, mid day Saturday, about a uke that I didn't even buy from them asking if I could buy a replacement saddle. Within a couple of hours I got an email back from Gordon offering (a) to mail me a new saddle free of charge, or (b) if I wanted to pay for shipping to fix it for free!! I thought this was incredibly generous; ...

This is seriously amazing considering that (a) I didn't even buy the uke from them, and (b) the problem with the uke is clearly the result of someone's botched attempt to alter it, and (c) this was a rapid response on a Saturday.

That's really great. I've been watching all their videos on their youtube channel for about the past 5 months or so, and Gordon seems like a real great example of a fine human being (as much as one can tell from videos, any way). It's nice to know that the kindness he seems to exhibit in his video presentation is in fact real, and that he (and the company) really do care about not only the products, but the owners, even if they did not buy direct (as in your case used from CL).

I would consider Mya Moe on my short list, even thought I have never seen one in person or played one. It seems that if your experience is an example, that they will 'make it right', and that gives me confidence in them not only as builders of a quality product, but as someone who will stand behind the product and support it, whatever the case may be.

Good luck with your new Mya Moe! I am happy for you.

Katysax, maybe you can do a NUD post and/or video so all of us that are less fortunate can share in your excitement (and drool a bit) :p

Last edited:
I think the uke isn't quite in a condition for you to drool over. I need to get the saddle fixed.

I think the uke isn't quite in a condition for you to drool over. I need to get the saddle fixed.

Ok, sorry. Maybe I was not clear, but of course I meant that after you get it all fixed up, and not as the condition you received it in. Anyway, sorry for the confusion. I hope this makes it more clear.

No hurry, I am just a fan of Mya Moe, that's all.

Take Care,

Booli

If one is going for super duper blinged out insanely gorgeous, go for Lichty, LMFD, or a couple others that come to mind. If one is going for straight up sound and ease of playing, Mya Moe. Hands down. I love my three.

Thanks for sharing another enchanting MM story.

Top Bottom