Ukulele in the Workplace

ukulelemotion

Reaction score
so here i am, sitting in a cube in front of a computer(on ukulele underground) thinking to myself.. how many other people bring their ukes to work? i have been bringing my uke to work for a while now.. but since i got my new bugsgear eleuke, its awesome cuz it doesnt bother anyone here if i start to rock out really hard and crazy like.. hahahaha.. so lets see how many of you UU users bring your ukes to work.. add a pic if you want..
0126091211.jpg

I bring my Flea to work everyday, when we were between Kayak and Ski season I would sit out on the sidewalk and strum the day away but now I dont get to play everyday... to busy tuning ski's... and to cold with 6 inches of freshies on the sidewalk!!!

But I did get to work on some fingerpicking on Friday for a couple hours.

I bring my Flea to work everyday, when we were between Kayak and Ski season I would sit out on the sidewalk and strum the day away but now I dont get to play everyday... to busy tuning ski's... and to cold with 6 inches of freshies on the sidewalk!!!

But I did get to work on some fingerpicking on Friday for a couple hours.
awesome.. fingerpicking.. get down wid ur bad self.. dont worry.. the coldness wont last forever!!

I bring mine to work once in a while and play at lunch time. I play outside though.

Dr. - arvin, do you know of someone that knows how to teach ukulele? my son wants to learn.

arvin - i could teach him, but im not gonna drive all the way to your house to do it!

Dr. - hahaha i just dont see why he would want to learn the ukulele. what can that little thing do? its so small.

arvin - you wouldnt believe how many stories i hear like that. ill bring in my ukulele one day and you can listen to me play and judge it from there.

two weeks later arvin is strumming away in the office between patients...

Dr. - is that you playing that music?

arvin - yes it is

Dr. - as long as the patients are ok with you playing for them, you are welcome to bring your ukulele to work and play it any day. oh and my son really wants a new ukulele. can you recommend one?

arvin hands him a printout from MGM's ebay store with a kala concert sprucetop, hard case, tuner, and book.

i love my job.

Dr. - arvin, do you know of someone that knows how to teach ukulele? my son wants to learn.

arvin - i could teach him, but im not gonna drive all the way to your house to do it!

Dr. - hahaha i just dont see why he would want to learn the ukulele. what can that little thing do? its so small.

arvin - you wouldnt believe how many stories i hear like that. ill bring in my ukulele one day and you can listen to me play and judge it from there.

two weeks later arvin is strumming away in the office between patients...

Dr. - is that you playing that music?

arvin - yes it is

Dr. - as long as the patients are ok with you playing for them, you are welcome to bring your ukulele to work and play it any day. oh and my son really wants a new ukulele. can you recommend one?

arvin hands him a printout from MGM's ebay store with a kala concert sprucetop, hard case, tuner, and book.

i love my job.

that really happened? right on bro!!!!

I keep my six string in my classroom at all times (before I sold it) and I now have a concer that i keep in my room. I play it for my students during test taking times and at the end of the day. The best cure for a noisey classroom is not my booming drill instructor voice, it is my ukulele.

I keep my six string in my classroom at all times (before I sold it) and I now have a concer that i keep in my room. I play it for my students during test taking times and at the end of the day. The best cure for a noisey classroom is not my booming drill instructor voice, it is my ukulele.

that's awesome. what do you teach bro?

That's awesome! What age group are you teaching? And where?

I wish I could get away with that... My principal expects me to run my class like it was a military academy, and on top of that, I don't know if I'd trust my students anywhere near my uke.

As soon as I get tenure, I'm out of there...

i bring either my vita or my POS soprano to work. if you walk in the sjsu library you'll probably hear some strumming in the background...

funny today while going to my lunch time bball game i saw some kids strumming. I asked what kind he got and he said lanikai and i lost my mind and said i want to get a koaloha. `auwe! so egotistical i feel like an `okole for acting big headed!

Last edited:
i bring either my vita or my POS soprano to work. if you walk in the sjsu library you'll probably hear some strumming in the background...

funny today while going to my lunch time bball game i saw some kids strumming. I asked what kind he got and he said lanikai and i lost my mind and said i want to get a koaloha. `auwe! so egotistical i feel like an `okole for acting big headed!

no worries bro.. you were just excited i bet to see da youths playing and cant wait to get a new uke, huh.. so no worries, no shame.. haha

I drag one to work every day, and friends come by and bring theirs too. That's the cool thing about living in a hippie town. Dragging your dog and ukulele to work isn't freaky, it's part of the job. Of course we also wear sandals and socks together which in other parts of the world seems a bit daft.

My flea lives on my desk thanks to the handy flat bottom. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic (made worse by the scratched lens).

IMG_0106.JPG

Top Bottom