1890's Five String Banjo- $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronckeim

Reaction score
Here is the other banjo friend up for sale. It is an 1890's-1900's five string banjo with a spunover rim. It is fully restored and ready to go. I am only selling because we are cleaning house and need to make some room!

It is 35 inches long with a 11 inch pot. 25 3/8 scale length. It is strung with fluorocarbon strings for that old timey, plunky tone and is wonderful for clawhammer.

The neck is mahogany with a deep vintage V shape. I like how it feels, but it is different than a modern neck, for sure.

The rim and neck are original, but came to me in pieces from a luthier who never got around to the project. I added a new fingerboard, new hooks and nuts, new Renaissance head, new No-Knot tailpiece, new handmade bridge, new bone nut, new Peghed geared tuners and new screw 5th string pip.

I also added some lacquer to the neck and added side dots. Notice that the 5th string peg sits between the 5th and 6th strings, instead of the normal 4th and 5th. This is due to the new fingerboard being a different scale than the original. It may take some getting used to for some banjo players.

It is a lightweight and comfortable banjo that is a nice piece of history brought back from the dead. It is easy to play and sounds great!

$500 with $40 shipping in US or $60 shipping international. Please email info@thebeansprout.com instead of messaging me here.IMG_0190.jpgIMG_0191.jpgIMG_0192.jpgIMG_0193.jpgIMG_0194.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom