Strumming instruction for beginner

setstage

Reaction score
I bought this uke the LU-21P, and its great. Im having trouble strumming though (not due to the instrument, it is great so far) i find myself hitting the g string quite a bit and I'm not clear completely on how to strum exactly I watched Uke minutes 2 But im not completely clear, can someone give me a better example or some pointers on what to do, thanks. Also this is my first post, and I wanted to say thanks and great job everyone for creating such a great community It is very helpful already

The uke I bought and from where:
http://folk-instruments.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lanikai-LU21P-Pineapple-Ukulele?sku=512520

Oh and it had Aquila strings on it with a tag when I got it, from what I hear from here they are good right?

I'm pretty sure in the end the main response for this would be "More Practice". When I started out 6 months ago I had the same problem as you. The G string just seemed to get in the way all the time. Eventually it just started getting easier. Work on just trying to lightly brush the tips of your fingers on the string. You don't necessarily have to dig your fingers in. Just try out how much pressure you really need to make the sound you want. And again... in the end it will just get easier.

Oh and it had Aquila strings on it with a tag when I got it, from what I hear from here they are good right?

Yup.

:cheers:

JJ

Top Bottom