Nud - hf-2(l)+

Kamanaaloha

Kanaka
UU VIP
Reaction score
I will post pictures when I can...

It is a noticeable difference between the Schaller tuners and the Gotohs!

I would definitely recommend them as replacements for the friction tuners if you have them! It was an impulse buy from Dan's Guitars on Beretania...the price was really really really good...incidentally, it was where I purchased my first ukulele my HF-2(L)...the cheapest around.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
and of course...the really beautiful looking ones are at HMS! Auwe...I looked only after I bought! I am still happy...but cedar topped Kamakas...OMG!

Pics posted sorry for the delay and iPhoneish pics

Last edited:
thanks! I think so too...most standard HF2L do not have the figuring/feathering ...there was a really nice reddish koa model where the head more closely matched the body[but no figuring]...but the one I chose spoke to me...the best part...out the door tax included -$50 or better than the best of prices! So I jumped...and Dan was really kewl, too! I prefer Andrew and the guys and all the setup and service at HMS...but Dan's is a great store and they are close to where my kids go to school so it is really convenient for me!

Very nice wood! Congrats! I'm still loving mine. It's the perfect instrument for me.

Thanks Tim! It is truly a magnificent instrument for sure...I do like my HF3L for the room...while the standard tenor neck is good...the longneck is great for my paws!

Congrats! I've yet to pop into Dan's. Maybe on my next visit. :)

Aloha!

If you stay in Waikiki it is relative close if you head up McCully toward the North. Not as close as Puapua...but there is also the drive to HMS which is well worth it too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom