First video, comments needed

LesterPolfus

Reaction score
That's my first video ever (and hopefully not the last one), I always wanted to do one and I even tried but it's so difficult to stand in front of a camera. :) I'm not happy with my playing, but I think I'll never be in any video. :)
Next step is to sing while playing, something I can't do yet on video.
Hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think about it!

Lester, that is excellent specially for your first video.

Your playing is very clear and relaxed. You did not look nervous or rush.

Very nice clean playing, good musicality.

My only comment would be about the quality of the video itself, it's too grainy, you should look at recording with better quality... it might be less grainy if you had more light.

from a photo perspective, it's a nice setting, you show your whole body (playing position) etc, nice composition.

Musically, I think you did an excellent job! Bravo!

Looking forward to seeing more. Just keep at it... it gets easier every time.

I look at my old videos sometimes and see a big improvement. I just posted my first open mic a few days ago... it's been a wonderful journey...

Enjoy your Journey!

I think you did just fine IRT playing it. I didn't see your microphone. Maybe if you could move it closer to your instrument the sound would have been more full and have a higher volume. I love greensleeves BTW. good choice.

Sounded great.:D

Outstanding. And unlike most who get nervous, you were cucumber calm and you didn't play the song 100 miles per hour (I don't know what that is in kilometers per hour).

I had that same sweater, btw. If you got it from Goodwill, it might still have some of my mojo on it. I should have kept it; my new one is more stylish, but lets cold air through like an open bedroom window in February. I preferred that one.

Cheers!

Lovely video - a beautiful song, beautifully played.

Having just recently dipped my toes into the waters of making and posting videos, i know full well what an intimidating process it can be. If you hadn't included the text in your post of how nervous you were, i never would have known.

Well done!

Really nice, love this piece.

Yay! Congrats for posting. Always a pleasure to see a ukulele player with a head! Nice to see your smile at the end, too.

As noted by others, your playing was relaxed and assured -- very enjoyable to listen to. I think better lighting might help reduce the grainy quality of the video.

Thank you all for all the support! :)
Thanks also for the technical support, hope to improve for the next video!
I know about the grain in the video, I did a first take in the afternoon and it was ok, but then I forgot to turn more lights on for the second take in the evening. I shot it with an old Canon compact photo camera. For the mic I used a Zoom H1, I'm trying different methods to use it, it's not visible in the video because I thought it works best as an ambient mic and I placed near the camera, I'll try in a different way for the next video so we'll see how it works best.

Top Bottom