Troy Fernandez Downtown Disney, Aanaheim, CA

Dwave

Reaction score
Let me set this up by saying I am a big Troy Fernandez fan and just happened to be celebrating my father’s 80th birthday out for dinner at Downtown Disney. After dinner we take a stroll enjoy the side walk musicians and suddenly I hear the Ukulele. What? Is this a recording I think? I am a frequent visitor to DTD, love all the side walk musicians, bands, restaurants, bars, sights etc...I have never seen a Ukulele player there let alone one of the worlds best. I come around a tree and turn in the sidewalk, its Troy Fernandez and I am blown away, I couldn't believe it. Made a request for Nani Kauai-Guava Jam, got to talk with Troy for a while, bought two CD's with autograph and enjoyed the Hawaiian Style of his lightning fast picking going on at DTD. Awesome! Made my day. Oh yeah, Pops enjoyed it too, thank you Troy!

Attachments

• Troy Fernandez and Dave D.jpg
    Troy Fernandez and Dave D.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 56
Last night was his last night, but they may be coming back in about a month or so to DTD. I think you can check the Downtown Disney or Disneyland web site to see which musicians are playing on the promenade.

Not sure exactly where but Troy resides in SoCal . . . moved up there with his daughter. It was earlier this year IIRC.

Not sure exactly where but Troy resides in SoCal . . . moved up there with his daughter. It was earlier this year IIRC.

Wow, I didn't know that. I hope he does more in and around SoCal.

Thanks for posting this. We watched him in Waikiki, playing on Kalakaua Ave. last January, and really enjoyed it but didn't know who he was. I did a quick search on the name and recognized him immediately.

We were at Disneyland about 10 days ago, so just missed him, but it would have really surprised me..."Hey, that's the guy we saw on Oahu". Guess I'll have to buy a CD or two next time.

Thanks for posting this. We watched him in Waikiki, playing on Kalakaua Ave. last January, and really enjoyed it but didn't know who he was. I did a quick search on the name and recognized him immediately.

We were at Disneyland about 10 days ago, so just missed him, but it would have really surprised me..."Hey, that's the guy we saw on Oahu". Guess I'll have to buy a CD or two next time.

The guy is an amazing ukulele player, full on traditional Hawaiian and that is what I like about his playing and the ukulele in general. I have only been playing two years but I have the benefit of being trained in classical guitar at about 12 years old so I have picked it up real quick, guys like Troy blow me away. The picking patterns of Hawaiian music are subtle different to classical or modern guitar and you have to be immersed in Hawaii to understand, hear and see the difference.

Top Bottom