"Pancho & Lefty"

H

Hippie Dribble

1972. Townes Van Zandt.

Aint nobody on this earth has encouraged me to play this darn ukulele more than me mate Dave Laurice. Plus, he's taught me more songs in three years than I ever learnt in my previous 38. Love ya Lefty, this one's for you

Pancho.

Wonderful. I really enjoyed listening to that one. I've liked whatever you've done but there seemed to be something special about this one. Thanks for sharing.

It's the only Townes van Zandt tune I know, mostly because it mentions Cleveland. And someday I'll reach your level of Zen uke enlightenment and I'm gonna play it as richly yet sparingly, and tell the story as movingly and clearly as you just did. That was aces.

Also, I'll second your sentiment about the Kid. A natural-born teacher if ever there was one.

Aces Jon. TVZ songs are tough to get right but you hit that one square on.

Thanks

Thankyou so much Shirley, KD, Jim, Alan and kmk. Much appreciated gang. Such a great song, such a tormented soul Townes was.

Jon...

This is heaven. Thank you. Just going to let today slide away, and bask in this music a little longer.

Bless you, brother.

Take care,

Jon -

This is one of my all-time favorites ....and you nailed it! Great version!!!! When are you going to visit us in Seattle?

paul

One of my favourite songs - period! It is a novel in a few short stanzas! I've even done a version myself in one of the Seasons. And you know that covers from me are rare as unicorn droppings ;)

Jon...

This is heaven. Thank you. Just going to let today slide away, and bask in this music a little longer.

Bless you, brother.

Take care,
Thanks a lot Casey. Had a feeling you'd get into this one, you old folkie :) Have a great Christmas mate, peace and blessings to you and your family

Cheers Paul, appreciate it mate. Well, not sure about Seattle but I'm a comin to the US in June-July next year. Can't wait!!!!

Top Bottom