Anyone have Fremont Blacklines on a KPK Acacia Concert?

ukemunga

Reaction score
If so, I'd love your opinion of the sound.

I have not taken the Worth Clear original strings off yet and I'm thinking of replacing them with Worth Browns or the Fremonts. I've used both on other ukes and like their mellowness and fell better then the WCs.

I don't have a KPK, but a relative, a Kelii concert. It has Fremont Blackline mediums on it, which I really like a lot. They're staying on for the near future. It came with Worth Browns, and I also tried Martin M600s and Ko'olau Mahanas with a low G. The Fremonts give the uke good sustain and a lovely ringing tone.

I have use worth clear and Fremont black line , I preferred worth clear?...but it's not kpk

While not a KPK, I have an acacia Pono with the Fremonts on it. I love them, they give it a beautiful, sweet and clear tone with nice sustain as well. The Worth clears, I found to be thin and lifeless, on my uke. I have not tried the Worth browns on my acacia, so I don't know if they will perform any better than the clears.

Nope, but may try them next. Have Aquilas on mine, but I have the old ebony nut and saddle and I think that mellows them out a bit.

I've owned two KPKs in the past and both just didn't project enough with anything other than Aquilas.

While not a KPK, I have an acacia Pono with the Fremonts on it. I love them, they give it a beautiful, sweet and clear tone with nice sustain as well. The Worth clears, I found to be thin and lifeless, on my uke. I have not tried the Worth browns on my acacia, so I don't know if they will perform any better than the clears.

Yep. Thin and lifeless is a good way to put it!

Thin and lifeless sure doesn't describe my KPK. Mine is loud, with a great, woody ring. Decent projection and sustain. As I said, mine has ebony nut and saddle and Aquilas. Now I'm wondering what other strings would sound like, with a bone nut and saddle perhaps. Maybe it's a one-trick pony.

Thin and lifeless sure doesn't describe my KPK. Mine is loud, with a great, woody ring. Decent projection and sustain. As I said, mine has ebony nut and saddle and Aquilas. Now I'm wondering what other strings would sound like, with a bone nut and saddle perhaps. Maybe it's a one-trick pony.

I wasn't describing a KPK uke, just how the Worth clears sounded on my Pono acacia uke.

Top Bottom