New Timms Day

aquadan

Reaction score
I'm going to be gone over Christmas, so we opened gifts early, and I'm very glad we did! My wonderful partner macmuse, had this under the tree for me.

I wasn't sure what to make of it due to the label on the box, but found this beauty inside. The finish is beautiful and feels fantastic, and it sounds and plays at least as well as it looks. I love the grain pattern on the front and back, and while I couldn't capture the sides with my phone they have a depth and glow that I keep staring at.

However, tragedy struck while taking these photos, my stand was a bit too large for a soprano and while I had it on my desk, it flipped out and put an ugly scratch in the side. I've been reassured that it's not as bad as I think and that we can polish it up and make it nearly good as new. I hope that's true. I know it'd show signs of love eventually, but was hoping to keep it pristine for longer than 2 days.

Anyway, I love it, not just for how it feels, looks and sounds, but also as I get a lot of pleasure reading Timbuck's posts here on UU. He's always got something interesting or amusing to say, and I love that I have something of his in my home.

Thanks Macmuse & Ken

IMG_0741.jpgIMG_0750.jpgIMG_0751.jpg

Last edited:
Toy guitar huh? That's pretty funny.

Love the way it looks. Congrats!

Very nice! I can only imagine how you felt when it took it's tumble,... I'm glad everything is OK.

I remember seeing that Timms for sale-- I thought it had an unusually pretty grain pattern. Congratulations! If the scratch really bothers you, know that shellac is not necessarily the toughest finish out there, but can usually be repaired nearly invisibly.

Aloha Ken,
Congrats on your new toy guitar.....50 bucks you say....:) I poished mine into a high gloss....welcome to the club..happy strummings..

Very nice Christmas gift indeed. I really like your toy guitar. Definitely, one of the best of the best.

Congratulations! I hope you're bonding with your "toy guitar."

I'd say bonded. ;)

And the little repair is going to have to wait until after his travels but, he also lucked out that I enjoy doing woodworking (and the finishing in particular). Mrs. Timbuck does an absolutely smashing job on the French Polish. This one is a beauty... the grain is indeed spectacular (part of the reason I decided this was a Timm's that needed to cross the pond).

Congrats!

That's a bummer about the scratch, but buffed out or left alone that is still one sweet sweet sweet uke.

Very nice, the grain on the back is stunning. Now be good and play nicely with your toys.

Top Bottom