what tuner?

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
trying to get a tuner for my ukulele.. finally got my bushman jenny but my tuner i had crapped out.. was a lanikai tuner.. it was working fine but now when i try and turn it on half the screen is missing and it keeps flashing side to side.. i dunno what that means but whats a good cheap reliable tuneri can get online? thx

Another vote for the Pono P-5 here, i got one from deach a while back, and i love it. tunes the uke right up, even use it on my guitar and bass. its a powerful little thing.

get the 1 from the UU store... help urself out :)

Pono P-5 is great. It's an imporved version of the IMT-500. a little more money and even more accureate are the intellitouch tuners

I have a Pono P-5 for each of my 2 ukuleles - one at home, one at work. Works great!

For ages I've had a Sabine all-purpose tuner, like this:

480372.jpg

It has a little mic in the front, and I just play into it. Works great when I'm in my den tuning.

But when around other ukers who are also trying to tune? Terrible! The newfangled clip-on jobs are totally the way to go. I really have to break down and get one of them one of these days soon.

Has anyone tried the Kala tuners and compared them to the Ponos? I think they look a lot better, but if the Ponos actually do the job of tuning better, that's probably what I'll get. (Both are sold by MGM, btw.)

JJ

For ages I've had a Sabine all-purpose tuner, like this:

480372.jpg

It has a little mic in the front, and I just play into it. Works great when I'm in my den tuning.

But when around other ukers who are also trying to tune? Terrible! The newfangled clip-on jobs are totally the way to go. I really have to break down and get one of them one of these days soon.

Has anyone tried the Kala tuners and compared them to the Ponos? I think they look a lot better, but if the Ponos actually do the job of tuning better, that's probably what I'll get. (Both are sold by MGM, btw.)

JJ

I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone tried the KALA tuner?

I have one of those Korg tuners but I don't like it.

We have one of the Eno ET-3000's that they sell in the UU store and a couple of Pono P-5's from MGM.

I like them both, but Rich prefers the P-5. The P-5 is also a bit smaller, which is why that's what I keep in my gig bag.

We also have a Korg TM-40, but if there's any extraneous noise it's a lot more difficult to use.

Pono P-5 is great. It's an imporved version of the IMT-500. a little more money and even more accureate are the intellitouch tuners
I know the Pono supposedly fixes the buzzing/rattling problem the IMT-500 has. Does anyone know if it does a better job on guitar of picking up the 6th string? (With the IMT-500 you have to tune off the harmonic.)

Read the info for the UU store tuner. It will tune in noisy or quiet areas, and you will be helping out the UU staff.

Top Bottom