asmus ukuleles gone?

bnolsen

Reaction score
That's a shame; I got a deluxe acacia tenor last Sept. from Asmus. It's a great player and was very affordable. Looks just like a Koa Pili Koko, with a more traditional headstock shape. I just switched to low G strings over Thanksgiving weekend and now can't put it down. I guess he just couldn't compete with all the nice Asian-made ukes on the market . . .

I noticed that as well, I had bought one ukulele from him and was going for a second but the site was no longer up... It's a shame, I wish he would have at least sold off the ukes he had left..

i think he could have competed well, the problem was lack of exposure. i didn't know about them until last month from a kpk thread. did any asmus folks ever camp out here?

i think he could have competed well, the problem was lack of exposure. i didn't know about them until last month from a kpk thread. did any asmus folks ever camp out here?

I know someone from their company was active on the guitar forum where I frequent more than here. They had giveaways and deals that they promoted from time to time. It seems that they shut down completely as their facebook page is closed from what it seems. I echo what hoosierhiver said in sellers will be weeded out. But thankfully we still have many brands to fill our appetite.

hmmm. ukestrummer posting only at a guitar forum. What could be wrong with that?

This is Adam from Asmus Ukuleles. I have been having health problems recently that has been keeping me from being able to provide the type of service I expect myself to provide. As of right now, I don't know when I will be back. If I don't get back, I will sell off current inventory at a deep discount. I am truly sorry for this, and I thank all of you who gave my company chance. You are all very much appreciated. If you have any questions you can still email me at info@ukestrummer.com . I want to continue to do my best to serve those that have purchased my ukes.

I'm sorry about your difficulties. It's unfortunate how easily a small business can be devastated by something like this (I'm part owner of one). I certainly hope you are able to deal with your health issues and are able to continue with your endeavors in the future. Will say a prayer for your situation. I had wrongly assumed that you pulled out for business reasons.

Sorry to hear of your health challenge. Hope you heal soon and are able to get back to business. Prayers to you and yours.

I was fortunate enough to win a sapele soprano last year from them. It's a great sounding uke albeit a bit neck heavy due to the sealed geared tuners. My kid took it from me after I installed open geared tuners. She ended up giving it to one of her favorite teachers when he had a heart attack.

I was fortunate enough to win a sapele soprano last year from them. It's a great sounding uke albeit a bit neck heavy due to the sealed geared tuners. My kid took it from me after I installed open geared tuners. She ended up giving it to one of her favorite teachers when he had a heart attack.
CPR would probably have been better ....to be fair.....

I heard that they were going out of business, saw a lot for sale on ebay and bought a few for gifts. They are a decent uke.

Top Bottom