Valentine's Day Songs

ralphk

Reaction score
First off, I have to admit that this is the lazy approach, for surely I could do it myself, but if any individual or club has already collected a number of songs appropriate to a Valentine's Day performance (say at a nursing home or retirement village with the elderly), I would welcome getting the collection.

Some clubs have Christmas song collections. Any for Valentine's Day?

This could be a zip file with just a list of songs, or a collection of song sheets, whatever is available.

Thanks in advance

Ralph

We (the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion, on meetup.com) don't have a Valentine's Day songbook. I think it's great that you'd want to perform at a retirement home or nursing home on Valentine's Day, but it's such a personal holiday that I think if I were going to perform at a place like that on that day, I'd consider generic love songs, or perhaps just sing age-appropriate "standards," maybe songs like "Fly Me To The Moon" and "That's Amore." My dad lives in a facility. I'll ask my mom what the facility did, if anythng, this past Valentine's Day.

since you aren'y getting a list right away why don't we post songs that might help. I play at nursing homes every month and they love songs like "dream" by everly brothers, sentimental journey, it had to be you, you're nobody till somebody loves you. to name a few.

My funny valentine
You make me feel so young
I've got you under my skin
Let's do it, let's fall in love
Makin' whoopee
Unchained Melody
All of me
Someone to watch over me
I wanna hold your hand
Michelle
All you need is love

Here's one of my crooner style originals they might like, the words and chords are in the YouTube description.

Top Bottom