Koa wedding ring

Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Reaction score
I couldn't help but post a pic of the Koa wedding ring my fiancée got me as a surprise- Made in Honolulu :)

photo (3).jpg

photo (2).jpg

Attachments

• koa ring.jpg
    koa ring.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 94
Ooooooh, that is really pretty! You're off to a really good start together.

How does the sound compare to, say, a Cedar wedding ring, when you drop it into the sink?

It's seriously beautiful though, Beau. And remember, whatever happens throughout your life together, you'll always have wood.

hahaha-

Thanks Big Kahuna! I hope so.

I made her a full wooden ring out of African blackwood and Brazilian RW before I bought her the real thing. Wooden rings are great looking things and i didn't realise professionals charge so much for them. Another side business for luthiers using up scrape wood.

eg--- http://www.simplywoodrings.com/ringshop/wood-ring/for-men.html

My wallet that I bought on Kauai from Calabash

Something to think about, dude. Someone of your creativity should be able to think of a few different things.

1467225_10152045026725516_1917531357_n.jpg

I still keep my "Mahalo Rewards Card" in it (South Park in-joke for you folks who've seen the "Going Native" episode)

wallet.jpg

The ring on the right is clearly made from the headstock of a Mya Moe. Is that from the bits that are left over from a slothead?

hahah
I just had some thinnish african blackwood laying around after i bought a "bargain box" from Gilmer woods for $25- i got a few head plates out of it and bridges plus inlay bits...and an engagement ring :)

I recently got snakewood bargain box from them- great buy for $35

Glad she didn't try to save some bucks and go with a laminate. :D

Top Bottom