Zebra Wood Uke

Marshman

Reaction score
Just bought my second Uke, only been playing 6 months but had a cheap (toy) uke and i have now upgraded to the next level with a zebrawood looks great and playes well. Any issues i need to look out for. It has Aquila strings as well.

Thanks

Andy

If solid, be careful to keep humidified if you are in a dry environment. Reports of splitting along the grain in some to watch out for.

I guess you're a clear observation that I suffer terribly with UAS, I've been playing a little over 5 months and just ordered my 7th uke. One is a Lanikai SMP-TCA solid monkeypod blem I bought on eBay from Butler Music (good guys), but also saw a bunch of zebrawood. They look very similar, but the one I got has a cutaway that I wanted.

u5LanikaiMP.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha Andy,
Congrats....Its a laminated I guess and there should not be any worries....Happy Strummings...

Congrats Andy, I got one of the Lanikai Zebrawood concerts with the slotted headstock a year or so ago and really love it. In fact the only thing I wish was different with it is the matte finish, I think Zebrawood is stunning with a gloss finish.

Congrats Andy, I got one of the Lanikai Zebrawood concerts with the slotted headstock a year or so ago and really love it. In fact the only thing I wish was different with it is the matte finish, I think Zebrawood is stunning with a gloss finish.

Been some posts about polishing those to at least a low gloss finish with scratch remover and polishing compound. I've had some success with it, and I haven't used the really good products.

Been some posts about polishing those to at least a low gloss finish with scratch remover and polishing compound. I've had some success with it, and I haven't used the really good products.
Yeah I've been tempted to try it, maybe after the first of the year things will slow down a bit and I'll be able to.

Aloha Andy. Welcome to UU. Glad you joined us.

I 'd love to see pics of your uke. Zebra is some nice looking wood.

Enjoy and keep us posted

Sorry guys cant take a photo until Christmas as i wont officially know that i have got it till then. Once opened i will take a picture, but in my eyes it is a really great looking Uke, just hope it plays as good as it looks.

Andy

Congratulations! That monkey pod wood uke was what I wanted when I got my mahogany instead....now I don't care, I'm in love with the mahogany!

Top Bottom