Nud!

Nickie

Reaction score
Yesterday I received a gift of two ukuleles, as an indirect result of my musical work with hospice. One is a vintage Harmony baritone, that looks to be solid mahogany, and has friction tuners. It's a little scratched up and needs to be restrung. The other is a tenor Kamaka, 8 string. It's going to be my S.O.'s Xmas present, because she plays tenors. Here's some not too good pix of it...DSCN1689.jpgDSCN1690.jpgDSCN1691.jpgDSCN1688.jpgDSCN1692.jpg

Aloha Nickie,
Wow Wow congrats....I wish I had again a 8 string kamaka...sold mine a earlier this year...oh darn....It looks in great shape girl...what a christmas present..you are so fortunate..
Keep the harmony baritone...clean it up and pop on some hilo strings...they sound really nice...I have one Happy Strummings.... tha man up stairs is repaying you for the wonderful things
you do for hospice girl and super person you are... playing ukes for your patients is truely a gift on their last moments... Yes I know you deserve a better uke to carry on your work ...does anybody feel the same way....let me know....woo hoo

Last edited:
That's a beautiful 8 string. Thanks for your work with hospice Nicke!

Congratulations, how wonderful!

Curious, what kind of musical work do you do with hospice? I tried to ask that another way because that just doesn't sound like the right words to ask that. :eek: I'd just love to know how you share music in that setting in particular.

Enjoy both ukes, especially the 8-string, yum!

It's especially nice to see that the kindness and generousity of spirit with which you encounter the world is reciprocated. Just when I was giving up on "what goes around, comes around" ... Congratulations!

Congratulations! They couldn't have come to a more worthy recipient. Show us the Harmony, too?

Congratulations, how wonderful!

Curious, what kind of musical work do you do with hospice? I tried to ask that another way because that just doesn't sound like the right words to ask that. :eek: I'd just love to know how you share music in that setting in particular.

Enjoy both ukes, especially the 8-string, yum!

Thanks! I am a hospice nurse....I play and sing for most of my patients and their families...it's very rewarding!

Congrats, Nickie. Looks like two ukes found a nice home.

How about some pics of the Harmony? It needs some lovin' too!

Thanks! I am a hospice nurse....I play and sing for most of my patients and their families...it's very rewarding!

Awesome! I'm playing a Christmas gig at a convalescent hospital tomorrow, they LOVE shaking their booty in their wheelchairs and are more appreciative of the music than any other audience I've ever played for! I'm doing it for free for the holiday season but it pays more with gratification than some of my gigs for money.

Happy holidays and congrats!
PS...I've had my 8-string Kamaka for about 20 years now. Treat her well and she'll take care of you for a long time.

.......one reaps as one sows......good begets good,and good towards others begets greatness!!!!!....this a message we could all do towards our fellow bretheren,thanks to you young lady.:worship:

Yesterday I received a gift of two ukuleles, as an indirect result of my musical work with hospice. One is a vintage Harmony baritone, that looks to be solid mahogany, and has friction tuners. It's a little scratched up and needs to be restrung. The other is a tenor Kamaka, 8 string. It's going to be my S.O.'s Xmas present, because she plays tenors. Here's some not too good pix of it...View attachment 62118View attachment 62119View attachment 62120View attachment 62121View attachment 62122

Wow! What an awesome gift...for the both of you! Even with the "not to good pix" this uke looks to be in awesome shape!

Do you know about how old it is?

Or Stan, if you're out there, do you have an estimate of how old it might be? This is 2 older Kamakas that I've seen in the last 2 days that are in wonderful shape.

Top Bottom