New Kinnard Uke Sighting

Wow, that is almost exactly the spec for my big brother baby brother combo my wife and i ordered from Kevin last month. Same wood, tuners everything except ours are series one. Soooooo super excited, they do sound sweet, somebody better pick this up soon guys, it won't hang around...

Schweeet! And I love those UPTs too!

Another beauty. I just received my custom Kinnard last week and being only the second one of it's kind that he has done, I was so excited to finally get it in my hands. Someone will be very happy with this one for sure.

Another beauty. I just received my custom Kinnard last week and being only the second one of it's kind that he has done, I was so excited to finally get it in my hands. Someone will be very happy with this one for sure.

Oh Jay ... do tell. Whatcha get? One of those new fangled sopranos?

Oh Jay ... do tell. Whatcha get? One of those new fangled sopranos?

I saw the prototype and really dug the larger lower bout, but I'm not a soprano guy. If I were, that one was exactly what I would like and he would of had my deposit already. Nope not one of those. Just watch for my post later today ;-) Weather is great so I am going to do some photography outside and use some natural light to really set off the curly koa binding. That's the only tip your gettin! LOL

Very nice looking uke. I love his work and it seems like his ukes are a great value compared to many other handmade instruments. Jazzbox Uke and Poe Strings are two other examples of luthiers who make exceptional looking (and sounding from what I've heard) ukes at amazing prices.

Very nice looking uke. I love his work and it seems like his ukes are a great value compared to many other handmade instruments. Jazzbox Uke and Poe Strings are two other examples of luthiers who make exceptional looking (and sounding from what I've heard) ukes at amazing prices.

I got a chance to play the soprano when I handed the RTU back to Kevin on Friday. It's amazing!

It's very melodic. It puts out a lot of sound and it doesn't have that percussive element that I get when I play a lot of sopranos. I was very impressed. It also has a 13 3/4" scale length which makes it less cramped for me.

I really liked it and would highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a soprano.

Top Bottom