PDA

View Full Version : NUD - Kala KA-SLNG soprano longneck...

UkerDanno
12-20-2013, 10:59 AM
I was wanting something I could just have lying on the coffee table or at least maybe a wall hanger...tried a steampunk, but that was way below my expectations. Ukerepublic gave me a refund and I saw this beautiful long neck soprano that I thought might fit the bill...It's beautiful in looks and sound, I'm pretty impressed!!!

it's pretty early, but I almost prefer playing this to my beloved Martin C1K...maybe soprano longnecks are my calling!

tomorrow when the sun comes out (hopefully) I'll get some better pic's, it deserves it!

Nickie
12-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Congratulations! Yeah, I'm not keen on "novelty" or "gimmick" ukuleles. This Kala looks great! For a chinese uke, Kala does darn good, I'm still in love with mine!!!

ukemunga
12-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Welcome to the club! It's one heck of a little uke. I love playing mine and it has a fantastic sound.

TG&Y
12-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Congratulations. Love mine. It's the one on viewer's left in my avatar.

EYIL!

UkerDanno
12-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Wow! maybe we need to start a "I bought a longneck" thread...hahaha...just kiddin'! :cool:

Flyinby
12-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Good choice! These are really nice little ukes, and if they're wall hangers it's only in the respect that they look great.

About a year ago my grandson wanted a longer-necked soprano, and I ran across the KA-SLNG at HMS. I was somewhat reluctant because it looked way better than anything I'd have expected at that price, but when it arrived I had to fight the urge to order another one. Nice sounding, nice looking, well made, and the long neck really adds to a soprano, as far as I'm concerned.

UkerDanno
12-21-2013, 11:42 AM
as promised...somewhat better pic's.
I think the next step might be to put on some Martin strings, probably brighten it up a bit...not sure why people string a uke with the tails sticking up right where your arm goes?!

UkerDanno
12-24-2013, 12:42 PM
well, after getting out the Martin and playing a couple tunes...the Kala is a fun coffee table uke...the sound is incomparable!