Flea Market Music Visit

brUKEman

Reaction score
Myself and a friend decided to make a field trip to visit the Flea Market Music Shop in Sheffield, Ma. about a 2 hour trip from my home. The staff was "very gracious" letting us wander around the shop and answering all questions and allowed us to take a few pictures which I will share. There were many Fleas/Flukes/Fireflies to see and play.
I had them change my Firefly neck from a Soprano to a Concert and they even added some side dots for me. My friend also purchased a new Concert Flea which was setup to his liking and played beautifully.
They have all kinds of Books/Strings/CD's/Straps/Stands and other accessories to browse through. They all seem to take great pride in their products and stand behind them. I would not hesitate to recommend a Flea/Fluke or Firefly. My only suggestion is that if possible find someone who has one and try it out to see if you prefer a flea or a fluke. The shape is a little unconventional but you get used to it very quickly and they are a joy to play.
View attachment 62216Final1.jpgView attachment 62213View attachment 62214
Thanks again to Dale, Beth & Staff for making an enjoyable day.

That sounds like an excellent way to spend a day!

Thanks for sharing.

God, I'd love to spend a couple hours in there. Odd how we don't hear much about that lovely factory (although I think there are a couple Utube vids).

Thanks so much for sharing this. I'll have to grab brother Connor013 and drag him over there sometime. Good for him to know that there's more to Massachusetts than re-enacted tribunals and dunkings.

Last edited:
Bruce, do you have a koa Flea, or do I mix up my UU comrades? :eek: I'll be re-investing in a Flea sooner rather than later and would love to visit FMM! That's not going to happen, but even ordering online or by phone, I know I'll get great service and a uke to match. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing with us, might make it there someday from Oregon. Exactly where is it?
Nice photos, want more

Aren't they great people, down at Magic Fluke?

I was the first visitor when they moved into the New Home, and loved that I could play all of the ukes I wanted - seconds or new! I even got to play two of the prototypes for the FireFly, before it was released into the wild.

I ended up buying a Fluke Tenor 2nd, which I love, and ordered a Firefly when they wouldn't let me buy one of the prototypes.

I'm glad that they took good care of you, Bruce. They took great care of me, too.

-Kurt​

Thanks for posting the pics Bruce. It looks like they have a nice new timber framed building there. Never been there myself, but I have bought a Fluke directly from them. Great people.

Thanks so much for sharing this. I'll have to grab brother Connor013 and drag him over there sometime. Good for him to know that there's more to Massachusetts than re-enacted tribunals and dunkings.

So, unless I've misunderstood the references, UU, (the real) CKOne has got the van, got the beer, and is headed East. Let him know where and when to stop.

High-jacking complete, with apologies.

Top Bottom