Painting my Dolphin

jluksetich

Reaction score
I just bought a white Dolphin as a beater uke and I want to decorate it in some way. I know there have been other threads about this, but I couldn't find one that said what they used.
Anyway, I was going to just use sharpies, but is there anything else you could suggest? I don't really want to work too hard on taking the original paint off, so something that would work on the surface that already exists on a Dolphin. A certain type of paint, maybe? Any certain type of stickers?
Thanks!
Jenna

If you have a bit of artistic flair, and I assume you do if the idea of wielding a sharpie is any indication, why not go to a local "hobby lobby" type store and pick up a painters starter kit? It'll come loaded with numerous tubes of acrylic paint and a variety of brushes. The acrylic paint should hold up very well on a uke, especially if you give it a light clear coat. And the results compared to sharpies will be dramatic.

Should this not appeal to you, you can probably score some waterslide decal sheets at the same store. Be sure to get the type for your printer (laser or inkjet). Laser decals can be applied immediately but inkjet decals should be given time to dry and then spray them with some clear enamel. Store in a cool dry place for 24 hrs. The enamel will seal the ink so it doesn't run when you wet them. Afterwards, a light coat of clear acrylic or enamel will give the decals a bit of protection.

Be sure to post some photos!

Top Bottom