South Coast Strings ?

suburude

Reaction score
I was just told of these strings . They were highly recommended for my tenor ! Anybody know of them ?? Thanks ! suburude

Yup. They're excellent.

If you do a forum search you'll find a handful of excellent reviews, many with sound samples.

Highly recommended.

On a low-g set they have two wound strings and the transition is very smooth. One. of the best strings out there

+! for this comment. I have Southcoast on most of my ukes; lots of different combinations, so check them out.

Yup. They're excellent.

If you do a forum search you'll find a handful of excellent reviews, many with sound samples.

Highly recommended.

Check out their String Guide on Southcoastukes.com

Excellent strings and Dirk has spent a great deal of time putting them together. I prefer the wounds and it's not for everyone. Southcoast String Guide

Dirk is very helpful and sends out tips. If you don't like what he says, you can rant all about it!! UU gets pretty dull without them. :p

everything everyone has already said is true. I've changed all my ukes to them... from soprano to tenor. The only set I wasn't happy with was the standard 6 string set. I ended up using part of the linear and standard to make my KA6 uke happy. Dirk was great when I told him of the trouble I had the the first standard set and explained why they set them up the way they did. He did all he could to keep me happy. I 'm a very happy customer.

everything everyone has already said is true. I've changed all my ukes to them... from soprano to tenor. The only set I wasn't happy with was the standard 6 string set. I ended up using part of the linear and standard to make my KA6 uke happy. Dirk was great when I told him of the trouble I had the the first standard set and explained why they set them up the way they did. He did all he could to keep me happy. I 'm a very happy customer.

Dirk is fantastic. He recently helped me out by putting together a heavy gauge 6-string re-entrant set that was not available on their site (but soon will be). I could not be happier with the set and it's just nice to deal with someone like Dirk that values customer service.

Great strings but there are many different sets so you should read all the info on their website. You can get Wound sets, unwound sets, re-entrant and low G with those sets.
They are very popular and the owner Dirk has put a lot of great information on his site to learn about strings and the various sets they sell.

Yes google hs site...Dirk has put alot of time and effort in his strings and site...probally one of the best if not the best...in my top two...
plus he is one of the nicest and knowledgable person I know....look into the flat or round wounds too...

Top Bottom