Take off "Shameless self Promotion" and put "Sponsor" Section

PhilipKwak

Reaction score
I am the sponsor of www.acousticguitarforum.com and www.guitarscanada.com and post my promotion thread on "Dealers" or "Market place" section without any problem.
Just simple moving promotion posting to "Shameless self promotion" may give people feel offended I am ready to become a sponsor please consider about it.

Thanks
Philip

That's an interesting idea. Maybe with a separate fee (like VIP) for dealers who participate.

How about just dropping the "Shameless" from the title? It would remove the negativity from the section.

How about just dropping the "Shameless" from the title? It would remove the negativity from the section.

I like this idea too. There shouldn't be some sort of judgment attached to the idea of people wanting to promote goods or a service. If you don't want people to do that, just ban it altogether. I understand that some things people promote might conflict with the ways in which UU raises money, but if the UU wants to be a resource, it should provide people with the opportunity to shop for goods and services provided by its membership.

Proud vs Shameless

Yeah!! People do self promotion proudly.

I like this idea too. There shouldn't be some sort of judgment attached to the idea of people wanting to promote goods or a service. If you don't want people to do that, just ban it altogether. I understand that some things people promote might conflict with the ways in which UU raises money, but if the UU wants to be a resource, it should provide people with the opportunity to shop for goods and services provided by its membership.

Last edited:
I'll bring it up to admin, but I like the "shameless" in the title. The title is not meant to be taken seriously.

I'll bring it up to admin, but I like the "shameless" in the title. The title is not meant to be taken seriously.

Thanks seeso. Just a thought to keep the peace and the feeling of Ohana and Aloha spirit. I understand the idea that it was not meant to be taken seriously, but obviously a lot of people did. :)

Thanks seeso. Just a thought to keep the peace and the feeling of Ohana and Aloha spirit. I understand the idea that it was not meant to be taken seriously, but obviously a lot of people did. :)
Yes, I think it can be taken as an unwelcome gesture, like being sent to the dungeon for being bad. If a winking smiley were next to the word, it would be clearer. Shameless and Shameful are too closely related. Unabashed or Brazen are similar words, without as much negative subtext.

–Lori

Top Bottom