Boat Paddle Concert sized custom uke for sale

julie

Reaction score
I'm selling off a few of my ukes to earn some funds to order a new custom soprano soon. First up is a gorgeous custom Boat Paddle concert sized uke built by Jerry Hoffman back in 2008.

Redwood top, Maple Sides and back AAA grade wood
Maple bridge
Maple binding
Maple binding around sound hole
Maple fretboard
Fretboard wave makers
Burl Redwood peghead
Grover open gear tuners
Gloss finish
Fremont black hard shell case

This instrument is in excellent condition except for what I think is a crack in the lacquer on the top below the saddle. You can only see it if you hold it up to the light at a certain angle and I can't even get a photograph of it because it's so hard to see. There's also a small ding below the saddle that was there when I received the uke from Jerry. And last but not least, there are some strum scratches in the sound hole area that can be seen when held up to the light at certain angle. These defects do not effect the sound or performance of this instrument.

Selling for $725. I'll pay shipping via UPS.

boatpaddle-concert-2.jpg boatpaddle.jpg

You can see many more pics and a sound sample here: http://ukulelereview.com/2008/08/16/boat-paddle-concert-ukulele-review/

Last edited:
that is the first BP I ever saw in the marketplace. I am so glad someone got it right away. I was just talking to Jerry about another tenor for myself and this concert looked tempting, glad it's gone :) Congrats to the new owner!

that is the first BP I ever saw in the marketplace. I am so glad someone got it right away. I was just talking to Jerry about another tenor for myself and this concert looked tempting, glad it's gone :) Congrats to the new owner!

That'd be me!:)
And I am thrilled. Several of my friends own Boat Paddles and I've wanted one ever since I found out about them. It's just so funny. I seldom check the UU Marketplace because I have plenty of ukes and don't really need another. But today I'm off work and just popped by to see what was available. I saw the BP and barely hesitated. I knew it would go and go quick. Looking forward to its arrival at my house.

And I am thrilled. Several of my friends own Boat Paddles and I've wanted one ever since I found out about them. It's just so funny. I seldom check the UU Marketplace because I have plenty of ukes and don't really need another. But today I'm off work and just popped by to see what was available. I saw the BP and barely hesitated. I knew it would go and go quick. Looking forward to its arrival at my house.

Congratulations on the new uke! I saw Victoria Vox recently. She played a very nice BP. I was impressed.

Jerry does really great work and was really fun to work with during the ordering process. :)

I have a Kayak that I love! In fact, it sits right within reach :) You are going to love it! Take a close look at the small details. You will be very impressed. I really like the innovative things he does like the pegs in the nut instead of grooves. I thought that it may be harder to change strings but it poses no troubles at all. PLease post a sound bite! Enjoy!!!!

Top Bottom