Went home with the Hula Girl and her ukulele.

Reaction score
I was Mooneyes this morning to pick up some pinstriping paint for my ukulele. On my way out I notice the dashboard dancing hula girl playing the ukulele. I somewhat hesitated because she cost $25. Yet I went home with her. Mounted her on the back dash so that she can play and dance for everyone!

Has anyone else went home with one?

P.S. Can't wait to pinstripe my ukulele!

No hula girls, but I have a 66 Galaxie that same color.

By the way, what does "hula" mean? I know it's a dance, but is there another meaning to the word?

Yeah, I get the girl part...

Harold O.
www.westhillswood.com
www.hopublishing.com

No hula girls, but I have a 66 Galaxie that same color.

By the way, what does "hula" mean? I know it's a dance, but is there another meaning to the word?

Yeah, I get the girl part...

Harold O.
www.westhillswood.com
www.hopublishing.com

Good question! Here's what Wikipedia says, "Terminology for two main additional categories is beginning to enter the hula lexicon: "Monarchy" includes many hula which were composed and choreographed during the 19th century. During that time the influx of Western culture created significant changes in the formal Hawaiian arts, including hula. "Ai Kahiko", meaning "in the ancient style" are those hula written in the 20th and 21st centuries that follow the stylistic protocols of the ancient hula kahiko.

Hula is taught in schools called hālau. The teacher of hula is the kumu hula, where kumu means source of knowledge. Hula dancing is a complex art form, and there are many hand motions used to signify aspects of nature, such as the basic Hula and Coconut Tree motions, or the basic leg steps, such as the Kaholo, Ka'o, and Ami."

Galaxies are great... I have '60 Starliner in the process and long ways to go. It's a money pitt!

Good question! Here's what Wikipedia says, "Terminology for two main additional categories is beginning to enter the hula lexicon: "Monarchy" includes many hula which were composed and choreographed during the 19th century. During that time the influx of Western culture created significant changes in the formal Hawaiian arts, including hula. "Ai Kahiko", meaning "in the ancient style" are those hula written in the 20th and 21st centuries that follow the stylistic protocols of the ancient hula kahiko.

Hula is taught in schools called hālau. The teacher of hula is the kumu hula, where kumu means source of knowledge. Hula dancing is a complex art form, and there are many hand motions used to signify aspects of nature, such as the basic Hula and Coconut Tree motions, or the basic leg steps, such as the Kaholo, Ka'o, and Ami."

Galaxies are great... I have '60 Starliner in the process and long ways to go. It's a money pitt!

Just so you know, when I see you post I seem to skip the text to look at your sig.... ;)

@TJF... ditto.

Oh, you mean Jessica. If you can imagine a grass skirt, she almost looks like she's "hula" dancing:D. Ok... I think I know what you might imagine after that, let's keep it at that:rolleyes:.

That motion is usually used in tahitian dance, not hula. (they are very, very different) Hula focuses more on the hands, hips, and feet. Often when you're watching tahitian, you focus on the mid-section, and their hands

Wow. I'm excited to see what kind of pinstriping you'll do to your ukulele. I'd be terrible at pinstriping. I don't think my hands are steady and controlled enough.

haha.. i used to have one of those in my old car. i think i gotta buy a new one. hahaha. the hula girl, not the car. my ukulele addiction prevents me from making big purchases. haha.

I'm confused...is this thread about the hula girl, the car, pinstriping, or Jessica?

I'm confused...is this thread about the hula girl, the car, pinstriping, or Jessica?
I think the thread is about the hula girl...and pinstriping...and (especially!) Jessica.

Stream of consciousness.

IMG_1829.jpg
Hula grels of all shapes and sizes hehe, and santa. chilling on top of a mirror in the living room.

Top Bottom