Seasonista Facebook group

UkeCan1

Reaction score
I didn't see one, so I created one. Come join us!
www.facebook.com/groups/Seasonistas

I hope this is kosher with everyone. I have no desire to Rock the Boat again. I started it as a way of facilitating the real-time virtual jam Casey and I and others have been working out over at http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?18178-UU-Mini-Jam&highlight=mini+jams. (Come join that too!)

Then I realized she posted that thread in Uke Talk, not just the Seasons area, so it's now not just Seasonistas we're inviting to that.

But we still could do a Seasonista hangout of some sort, and the Facebook group might be useful for that. Or for other things, like getting to know each other as people outside of forum posts and videos ....

Anyway, I hope it's cool, and I hope you'll come join me!

- Wendy

Ah, that's a mea maxima culpa, Wendy. I misconstrued. :) Just joined the group, though. Thanks for setting that up.

Ah, that's a mea maxima culpa, Wendy. I misconstrued. :) Just joined the group, though. Thanks for setting that up.

Yea, no worries, Casey - it's a minima culpa, methinks. We can start a new meetup thread over at the Seasons, maybe. Anyway, meeting up with other non-Seasons UU'ers ought to be a good thing too, hey? I just don't know many (any?) of them. Yet! Oh, except Scooter. He's actually the guy who produced the UkeFest in NJ that is the reason I'm here. And sold me my uke! Not sure why​ he's not a Seasonista ... I shall work on that. :)

Anyway, the FB group is off to a nice start! It'll be exciting to see what it evolves into. For one thing, it's already connected me to a few more of you as Facebook friends, and that can't be a bad thing, right?!

Definitely not. I was only looking for Eugene Ukulele on there this morning, and he sent me a friend request as a result of joining the group. Huzzah! :)

Definitely not. I was only looking for Eugene Ukulele on there this morning, and he sent me a friend request as a result of joining the group. Huzzah! :)

Yeah, you weren't going to find him with that name! He has a different name on every platform, apparently, none of them the "real" one.

I'm liking this too, finding out people's "real identities". Except Eugene's. :)

I don't really understand the purpose of the Facebook group. What is there that we all can't do in the Seasons area here?

I don't use Facebook, but have fun.

-kurt​

Isn't Youtube/Google+ that we've all been coerced into joining pretty much gearing itself to be the new Facebook anyway?
Theres only so many circles you can keep going around before you get dizzy !! Lol

Good luck with it anyways.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the purpose of the Facebook group. What is there that we all can't do in the Seasons area here?

Honestly, I wasn't quite sure myself when I created it, and I worried it might take more away than it would add. And distract us. And that people might be mad at me for doing it.

But pretty instantly I could tell it was a good thing, and that it's actually adding a lot for those of us who are using it. So, after I saw these most recent three posts, I asked over there what the group members thought about this question.

Here are the responses I got:

It's like having phone that does voice calling and text. Not like having a phone that does voice or text. AND is definitely better. I think that each venue with have it's different strengths and weaknesses. I like the FB page and the UU forums. Thanks Wendy.

It's a social venue between (and during) Seasons, to allow us an opportunity to discuss our favourite moments, and maybe make some new ones. This is a true Seasonista community, away from the bigger playground of the Underground.

I like it. I appreciate the FB option for trading quick comments with my fellow Seasonistas that might not fit in a particular Seasons thread.

I agree with [previous post]. It complements the seasons forum on UU and provides a chat forum which not even the misfits thread really provides.

For me FB can be a bit easier to navigate when I have little time...sometimes the forum threads can be a bit intimidating..so I like the option of FB, as well....

For me, personally, there's something really wonderful about getting to connect with my Seasonista friends more directly, learn more about who they are, what they look like, what else they like and do besides uking, what their lives are like. Yeah, you get some of all that here, but you get more deeper and quicker on Facebook. The interactions are quicker. They don't have to be on topic. They can be silly and frivolous and on tangential topics. It's kind of like a big fun party over there.

There are 56 of us over there so far. If you'd like to join the party, it's happening here: www.facebook.com/groups/Seasonistas

If you don't, that's cool too. We'll miss you. We're having fun over there. We promise not to knock anything over.

Top Bottom