MGM on Christmas

I never knew Mike, but I miss his presence online. He made our community a better place.

I remember that Mike would often start a thread on Christmas Eve to rewrite 'Twas the night before Christmas' Poem.
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?23446-Twas-the-night-before-christmas
Maybe we should start such thread again, thinking about Mike at Christmas.

I did this last year and its time again to see what you can come up with

T'was the night before christmas, when all thru the store, not a uke string was stirring not even a Moore. The Martins were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that a K-5 would soon be there...

okay you guys add your lines

Last edited:
Mahalo Mike.

Merry Christmas to Peter, Mike, and all! Strumming a Maui Music as we speak in memorandum! :cool:

I'll second that Maui Music: to MGM, and to Peter for posting to remind us all. :music:

Mike brought so much joy to so many people. He was like the ukulele community's full-time Santa. I miss him.

Well, he's with Braddah Iz and all them other guys and you know they're havin a big time Kanikapila.

thank you

He was very kind, helpful, and friendly to me. Trusting and sensitive. He inspired me to play and let me know that the ukulele world is a special world. Thank you, Mike.

One of my Christmas gifts had this verse...

On Earth we strive for earthly things & suffer sorrows daily.
In heaven, choirs of angels sing while we play 'ukulele.

Mahalo MGM.

Remember Mike...he was a awesome friend and person... I am sure he is jamming up there with all the other musicians...we will not forget him nor all the others that have passed on..

I was lucky enough to meet Mike at the Winecountry fest this summer, and spendt a little time with him...he wasn't feeling so well, but he was in good spirits.
Yesterday I was deleting some old phone messages and came across one from Mike...kinda spooky...
RIP MGM...

Top Bottom