Santa brought you what?

drmosser

Reaction score
Even though I wasn't always as good as I could be this year, Santa was very nice and brought me a Blue Frog Soprano and a Daily Ukulele songbook. :)

Did Santa or someone else give you a ukulele for a holiday gift?

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

I didnt get a uke for Christmas but I got a gift from 2 of my uke heroes! Totally unexpected...love the people from UU and the uke community.

I got a couple of John King books, a Peterson Strobe, and the Daily Ukulele.

I got a rock.

To quote Charlie Brown.

-Kurt​

No rock here.

cd06686a3ba81a64b87510e3995b709c.jpg

4675eaa24cef665f527f7feb8f92bf56.jpg

3068089d74da253bd4c50ce7da2393e4.jpg

5fe01c49625008bf2c4415cd9dd8fe74.jpg

Neck and radiused fretboard are a pleasure to play. Neck is a bit thinner than my Pono acoustic ATDC. Only burp is higher action than I expected.

So far I have played it through a Polytone bass amp, a Fender Princeton Reissue, a Genz Benz Shenandoah Acoustic and Roland Cube 60. Strange as it might seem, the clearly best sound is with the modeled Acoustic setting of the Roland. All the amps produce a clear and balanced tone, but I was seriously pleasantly surprised by the Cube 60.

The Pono was worth the wait. Thanks, Santa.

Last edited:
Just noticed the horizontal shadow on the shot of the top. Here is a better one.

695528d866b2a224cf94963ccdbad284.jpg

image.jpg
The ukulele was my 30th bday present but the stand and amp were a complete surprise yesterday :)

Lots of nice gifts. I didn't get any ukes, but I did get Aaron Keim's two chord songbooks, a Taylor Swift songbook (hush your mouth), a Kala uke stand and a keychain with Obama playing a ukulele. My other gifts were great too, but those won't be as exciting for you all. :)

My wife has given me a trip to the festival of my choice. Choices include but not limited too: a uke fest, the Rocky Mountain folk train, guitar fest, song writing workshop or general folk fest.
She gave me a similar gift a few years ago and we ended up at the Reno Uke Fest

I received on Christmas morning the gift of performing holiday music, along with some ukulele friends and about 200 other people, for bedridden veterans at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, CA. (I'm in the Santa hat at about 0:06 - 0:10.) It was a great opportunity to thank these veterans for their service and to pay forward the kindness of those people who perform at hospitals and rehabilitation facilities everywhere, including the one in Florida where my father lives.

Even though I wasn't always as good as I could be this year, Santa was very nice and brought me a Blue Frog Soprano and a Daily Ukulele songbook. :)

Did Santa or someone else give you a ukulele for a holiday gift?

View attachment 62291View attachment 62292
Congrats DRmosser...oh you the one jumped on it vic's uke so quickly and scored....happy strummings.. :)

I received on Christmas morning the gift of performing holiday music, along with some ukulele friends and about 200 other people, for bedridden veterans at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, CA. (I'm in the Santa hat at about 0:06 - 0:10.) It was a great opportunity to thank these veterans for their service and to pay forward the kindness of those people who perform at hospitals and rehabilitation facilities everywhere, including the one in Florida where my father lives.

Now that's a great gift!!!

Flea Market Music Blues Ukulele: A Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Songbook
Robert Johnson for Ukulele
Snark tuner
and hopefully order some south coast or and living water strings soon.

Uke Pouncer :)

Congrats DRmosser...oh you the one jumped on it vic's uke so quickly and scored....happy strummings.. :)

:D Yep, I troll the Marketplace regularly and I've got PayPal on speed dial. My wife had said she didn't know what to get me for Christmas. I asked how much she had planned to spend and she said I should just buy something that would make me happy. Wow, that was a blank check, right? I could have really gone crazy if funds had been unlimited.

I think two of these Blue Frog sopranos were offered when I bought mine (#22). I held out as long as I could and then pounced on the one that I found the most attractive of the two (not an easy decision). I kept thinking, before and after buying, that I didn't really need another soprano. The new direction was supposed to be tenors, but this soprano was singing an extremely loud siren song. :) The neck is a little wider than on some of my other sopranos, but I consider that a plus as it feels more like playing one of my concert ukes. I think it's a keeper.

Here's what I got...

51q8ajjauPL._SL1500_.jpg

And something to sit on it.

21fiL6OyhEL._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

No more days of sitting on the bed or the couch, straining my neck looking down at the book, or ipad sitting beside me. My wife pays attention!

View attachment 62304
The ukulele was my 30th bday present but the stand and amp were a complete surprise yesterday :)

Wongo, what are the details of that uke? I and 20 other international UU members ordered something very much like it directly from a dealer in China, East-Start. They quoted me a single price of $400 US, but by ordering 20 at the same time it was $165 plus $80 air shipping to the US and 4.5% PayPal fee, total of $256.03. Should be here end of January.

archtop style.jpg

Last edited:
No Xmas gifts here, we got that Sinterklaas-thing early December for gifts.
So I ordered myself a Korala ABS concert, ETA early February.

Top Bottom