Hello all

Budward

Reaction score
After thinking about buying a ukulele for a good while, but not really doing anything about it, I've graduated to rummaging the web. Hoping I can pick a first instrument without actually playing it. Yeah, I know that sounds dumb, but...

The hope is that the first one will be good enough to be a keeper, so I'm aiming a little higher than a $50 cheapie.

This is gonna be fun. Looking forward to getting started soon.

Aloha Bud,
Welcome to the UU and are humble forums...have fun and enjoy...alot of friendly and helpful members giving advice and then there's the deals in our ukulele marketplace..
Happy Strummings. check our marketplace, ebay and Flea Market music for deals..

Aloha!
My advice is that you get a half decent uke, because if the uke you learn on sounds lousy you will be discouraged and not want to keep practicing.
Enjoy!

Hi Budward,

I was in the same boat a few months ago.

There's a wide selection of entry level ukuleles to choose from. The most important thing I learned was, buy a ukulele that has been setup properly.

That means buying from a shop, not amazon, Austin Bazaar or any other large generic online retailer. If you do buy online, email or call first and make sure the setup is included.

All the best!

Books and Snark tuner are on their way from Amazon.

I'm calling Mainland tomorrow to order a ukulele. Here we go.

Next stop is to rummage around web sites and YouTube for some instructional videos.

Away we go.

I just got off the phone with Mike at Mainland Ukes. He's fixing me up with a gloss-finish mahogany concert. I'm ready!

Top Bottom