kanilea Spruce top w/ Koa Back and side

Kabog

Reaction score
Anyone have tried Kanilea Spruce top with Koa B/S, kindly provide me any feedback please. Thanks

Sorry no, but the solid spruced top, cocobolo bodied signature model on YouTube sounds off the hook.

I own one, number 10649; I did a very brief revue on the HMS web site.

I find mine has a very articulate and detailed tone, the volume is very evenly balanced across the strings and notes.
Very good volume and dynamic response to playing.

It is warm sounding for a spruce topped uke, considerably warmer to my ear than my custom Collings spruce topped mahogany tenor.

I also like the visual aesthetic, the ebony fretboard, head plate, and bridge along with the ebony trimmed koa rosette give it a sophisticated and upscale, but understated look.

If you have not played a Kaneli'a ukulele be aware they have a wider 1 1/2" nut width.

I really like mine and I think it is a keeper.

I own one, number 10649; I did a very brief revue on the HMS web site.

I find mine has a very articulate and detailed tone, the volume is very evenly balanced across the strings and notes.
Very good volume and dynamic response to playing.

It is warm sounding for a spruce topped uke, considerably warmer to my ear than my custom Collings spruce topped mahogany tenor.

I also like the visual aesthetic, the ebony fretboard, head plate, and bridge along with the ebony trimmed koa rosette give it a sophisticated and upscale, but understated look.

If you have not played a Kaneli'a ukulele be aware they have a wider 1 1/2" nut width.

I really like mine and I think it is a keeper.

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will try playing first a tenor Kanilea to see how it plays. I was looking on this spruce top.

Top Bottom