WTB: Solid Mahogany Tenor-- Pono, Ohaha, Mainland, Kala

ronniedee

Reaction score
I just bought my son a cedar/acacia tenor and would like to get a mahogany tenor for myself. Something in the range of Ohana, Kala, Mainland, or lower-end Pono.

Anybody have anything available?

Thanks!

Have a Pono MT (solid mahagony) Tenor

Alo)(a, Ronnie-

I just acquired a 6-string Pono Tenor & wasn't intending on selling my MT, but I have faaaaaaaaar too many stringed instruments already & really don't need them both. This MT is less than 8-mos old, and was hand-picked by Ko'olau/Pono owner/luthier extraordinaire, John Kitakis for me (I have documentation on this). The instrument's label is marked with a "2" indicating that there was some inordinately tiny imperfection which precluded the meticulous company from selling it at standard retail. I am also meticulous and own a very long list of very rare vintage instruments, and I cannot find one slight defect anywhere on the Uke!! If you wish to buy it and are unhappy for any reason, I'll happily take it back, minus actual shipping cost.

These go for close to $500, and I will sell it for $300 including CONUS shipping. I have ALL the original 'double-box' shipping materials & even the actual tape that held the packaging! (Did I mention my meticulousness?? Ha!) It is strung with Ko'olau wound G & C's, & I split my time between Maui & the SF Bay Area, so the Uke has always been stored in case w/ humidifier, although that is not really necessary given my climate(s).

Anyway, here are the specs -- you can pm or reply w/any additional questions. I have more photos, I am not home & this one is on my phone (No, I didn't stage the photo for this purpose.. : )

Solid Mahogany top, back, and sides.
Rosewood faceplate, fingerboard, and bridge.
Rope marquetry rosette, pearl logo and position dots.
Bone nut and saddle.

Satin Finish

LINK TO INSTRUMENT PAGE - http://koolauukulele.com/pono-mt-mahogany-tenor/

Let me know if you're interested.

NoKaOi

Pono_MT.jpg

Last edited:
I'll throw in a case if you need one..

If you buy the Uke, I have some extra hardshell (polyfoam) tenor cases if you need one, but I would need to use different boxes to ship the uke/case than the original, as the case wouldn't fit. Cases are non-branded, but resemble this one: http://www.amazon.com/Lanikai-Hardshell-Tenor-Ukulele-Case/dp/B0018TJH4M

Either way, it will be packaged as if it were a Stradivarius.. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom