MACCAFERRI iSLANDER BARITONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
VERY COOL VINTAGE PLASTIC. I've seen lots of sopranos, but these are kinda scarce. Comes with original "case" and hang tags.
Very good shape, a few small scratches, no cracks that I can see. fretweareon the first 4 frets , probably from wound strings. I put Worth no wound bari strings on.
scratch on fretboard, from about the 5th to 9th fret. slight discoloration below bridge, looks like some bleeding through of bracing. some strum marks on lower fretboard over body.
2 spots on side of headstock where some wall hanger melted a bit of plastic.
Nice mellow tone, easy player.
selling because I have WAY too many ukes and moved to a smaller house.

all plastic, coat-of-arms stencilled on headstock, 12 frets to body, 17 in all, 18-1/8" scale
NO LONGER FOR SALE
here's me playing it for one of the seasons, apoligies for the vocals and harp , but you can get an idea of the tone.
http://youtu.be/FBjNEMEbLXY
1226131159-00.jpg1226131159-01.jpg1226131200-00.jpg1226131200-01.jpg1226131201-00.jpg

Last edited:
Why do these things never come up for sale in England. Grrr :mad:

VERY COOL VINTAGE PLASTIC. I've seen lots of sopranos, but these are kinda scarce. Comes with original "case" and hang tags.
Very good shape, a few small scratches, no cracks that I can see. fretweareon the first 4 frets , probably from wound strings. I put Worth no wound bari strings on.
scratch on fretboard, from about the 5th to 9th fret. slight discoloration below bridge, looks like some bleeding through of bracing. some strum marks on lower fretboard over body.
2 spots on side of headstock where some wall hanger melted a bit of plastic.
Nice mellow tone, easy player.
selling because I have WAY too many ukes and moved to a smaller house.

all plastic, coat-of-arms stencilled on headstock, 12 frets to body, 17 in all, 18-1/8" scale
$175 + actual shipping. PM with address for quote, should be about $20 in CONUS.
here's me playing it for one of the seasons, apoligies for the vocals and harp , but you can get an idea of the tone.
http://youtu.be/FBjNEMEbLXY
View attachment 62312View attachment 62313View attachment 62314View attachment 62315View attachment 62316

how much are you selling it for, ive always been interested in one of these?

Sorry to be slow in responding- I'm travelling around the big island and haven't been online.
Maccaferris are awesome - I have a soprano and years ago owned a Maccaferri guitar.
I'd like to add this to my collection but have just bought two other instruments. Whoever is number two on the list - it's your lucky day. :cool:

#2 better hurry. I just tuned it up 1/2 step, and it sounds even better. because the scale is only 18.5 inches, it really benefited from a little higher tension. it has a unique sound, is easy to play, and def has the cool factor. and you can play in the shower , hot tub ,or the pool.

tuned it up a whole step, and that's it's sweet spot. I don't really need to sell it, so I'm going to keep it around for awhile. It is so cool and different, and really has a unique tone., and they ain't making any more of them [yet] Maybe with a big 3D printer?

OK Andy. In the interests of clarity I'm going to close this for the moment then. Let me know if you want it re-opened at any time brother, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom