Maui Music Prefire-Postfire began 13 years ago today

urcuzzn

Reaction score
Hello, I am Peter Lieberman-maker of Maui Music Ukuleles.
13 years ago today was the great fire.
I thank you all for sticking by me thru thick and thin.
It is with great gusto and verve that I continue today making the best products in my evolutionary career.
Every night when I rest my head on my pillow I cannot wait to get up in the morning and get to my shop.
It is my life, my passion, my art and my craft.
Long ago when there was only one "K" brand I was there in the marketplace with Sam and Chris Kamaka.
I have been truly heaven blessed and I just wanted to shout it to the world!
Ukers and good people of the world, I love my life!
I rejoice this Christmas and New Year.
I wish you all joy and happiness.
Urcuzzn-Peter Lieberman-maker of Maui Music Ukuleles

Last edited:
Thank goodness you're still here and making ukes, Peter. Wishing you a joyful and peaceful 2014.

I own a pre-fire 6 string, somewhat battered by it's journey since it was made but still making lovely music! Thank you so much for making these very fine instruments, and I wish you all the best in the new year!

Peter, your joy, craftsmanship, and passion are reflected in every instrument you build.
Thank you for sharing with us. Wishing you continued joy and happiness .

Happy New Year!

As the proud owner of one of your recent works, I am truly glad that you stuck with it. I can only imagine the depths you had to dig yourself out of after the fire. Keep on keepin' on! Thanks Peter

Happy Holiday to you Peter..keep on making great ukes brah....and have a safe, fun and prosperous New Year...

Hey Peter, Happy New Year and God Bless. I imagine you are lounging on the beach in Hawaii while I am freezing my ass off in New Jersey .. However, as the proud owner of both pre and post fire Maui Music ukes
I want you to know that I treasure them both and play them regularly. Maybe next year if you get back to the Garden State, we can enjoy a libation at the Windlass. All the best to you and yours.

Sounds like you are living the dream doing what you want and making fine instruments.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
Wishing you many more good years.

Great to still have Maui Music ukes around Peter! Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Peter! Can't wait to see the 2014 Maui Music batch :drool: - Matt

Aloha Peter,
I have a Soprano, Concert, and Tenor MMs, all pre-fire and love them. I normally live in NorCal but have been spending a lot of time on Maui, Iao Valley now.....

Reviving an older post - but just had to say that I hope Peter L is still doing well and making great ukes. The video of him on his website is really fun. I LOVE my Maui Music Deluxe Tenor that I was fortunate enough to obtain used from the marketplace here. It's just great in every way.

Duk

Reviving an older post - but just had to say that I hope Peter L is still doing well and making great ukes. The video of him on his website is really fun. I LOVE my Maui Music Deluxe Tenor that I was fortunate enough to obtain used from the marketplace here. It's just great in every way.

Duk

I talk with Peter at least once a week on facebook...he is doing well and doing gigs in New York a lot now...
he still putting out some nice ukes...next year he has small batch of custome ukes for his 35th year building ukes...when he started bulding on Maui Kamaka was the only Hawaiian uke company around.....:)

MAUI MUSIC UPDATE,
Just putting the finishing touches on my 2015 batch of plain and deluxe ukuleles.
I will ship as usual on April 15th and start all over again.
Next year will be my 45th year as a luthier and 35th year as "Maui Music".
To commemorate this occasion I am designing some special anniversary models.
To all my friends and fans , God bless and keep strumming!

Anniversary models--that's so cool! Congrats on all of those years of uke building!

God Bless you, and all your years of creating beautiful instruments! I am about to look for photos of your most recent batch, and look forward to seeing the anniversary models!

MAUI MUSIC UPDATE,
Just putting the finishing touches on my 2015 batch of plain and deluxe ukuleles.

I'm glad that you are around and I'm sure you have evolved like every other luthier through out the years!! I can't believe people when they say the pre-fire Ukes are better than what you make now. Keep up the good work!!

MAUI MUSIC UPDATE,

Congratulations Peter. Can't wait to see the new ukes in April, and Next year's anniversary models.

Keep building those great ukes!

Top Bottom