My Version of Touch by Jake Shimabukuro

clevacheva

Reaction score
This is my version of jakes wonderful song haha
it was the first time i recorded it(i used my canon camera), there are some mess ups in it
but whateves it was my first try playing it fully
hope you guys like it
Touch

big thanks to Dom!!

Last edited:
This is my version of jakes wonderful song haha
it was the first time i recorded it(i used my canon camera), there are some mess ups in it
but whateves it was my first try playing it fully
hope you guys like it
Touch

big thanks to Dom!!
Good Job on that song. Sounds just like Dominator's arrangement :D did you memorize the song already? or were you reading tabs?

I'm not sure if it was Dominator who told this to me about jake, but Jake really lets the songs 'breathe'. Especially with a song like this. Try to smooth out the lines and just really take your time on it. It helps to study jake's video and see where he slows down and when he speeds up. But yeah good job! keep it up!

how long did it take you to get through the whole thing and memorize it?

ive been kinda working on the heb ohta version of europa, and i stopped after the first few measures after the intro. now i basically just use the intro to warm up my right hand for picking hahaha. i dont have the patience i guess.

nice job!

i learned dom's first version of Touch when he posted it..... it's so different the way Jake does it now and i feel so outdated haha.

how long did it take you to get through the whole thing and memorize it?

ive been kinda working on the heb ohta version of europa, and i stopped after the first few measures after the intro. now i basically just use the intro to warm up my right hand for picking hahaha. i dont have the patience i guess.

nice job!

Keep hammering on this one, its a good one to memorize. I tend to play the B section to warm up and get my slides working.

Oscar Schmidt OU5 maybe? Anyways...nice work man!

wow very very nice job..

im still stuck on dragon.. been at it for weeks and i suck at it!@!!

Wow, great job man! Just keep on practicing those transitions and it'll be almost perfect!!!:D

Good Job on that song. Sounds just like Dominator's arrangement :D did you memorize the song already? or were you reading tabs?

I'm not sure if it was Dominator who told this to me about jake, but Jake really lets the songs 'breathe'. Especially with a song like this. Try to smooth out the lines and just really take your time on it. It helps to study jake's video and see where he slows down and when he speeds up. But yeah good job! keep it up!

Trevor, I think you have done a great job in getting the song committed to memory. David offers some good advice here. The song does need room to breathe and this will only come with more practice. I'm not trying to be too critical of your efforts because you've accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. Now that you have it memorized just keep working to smooth it out so it sounds like it's coming from the heart instead of a piece of paper. I hope this doesn't sound too harsh as that is most certainly not my intention. I just want to provide honest feedback and hope it helps in some way.
Keep it up bro.

Top Bottom