Musician's Friend

Austin.

Reaction score
Is musiciansfriend.com a good place to buy a ukulele?
I'm looking for a decent ukulele for a cheap price. :D

welcome to Ukulele Underground, might i suggest a guy who is real popular on these forums his name is Music Guy Mike. he deals on Ebay, which is just as good as MF. here is a link to his store
http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room

take a look around, and i believe he has his contact number on there, feel free to give him a call and tell him what you are looking for. Seriously the best customer service in the world!

Edit: ACKK! you beat me to it GP....

I bought my first ukulele (Applause UA10) from Musician's Friend with a coupon. It's my beatup that I take around places where I don't want to be carrying a multi-hundred dollar ukulele. There's no aloha treatment from MF like you'd get with a purchase from MGM, but they're relatively quick on shipping.

For a soprano, you're not going to find an ukulele with a solid wood top for much cheaper than the Applause UA10 from MF (probably because of its fiberglass back). The next cheapest solid wood sopranos are $20-$40 higher. That being said though, if you bought an Ohana solid soprano from MGM at $40+$20 shipping ($60) over the price of a UA10, you'd get it all setup with a couple books, a pitch pipe, and a hardshell case that you might want anyway. It's a really good deal, but if you just want a barebones solid wood soprano ukulele without the fixins, for $130-$150 I'd get an Applause UA10 or Silver Creek soprano.

If you're NOT in the market for a solid wood ukulele and have a beef with large musical instrument corporations like Musician's Friend and Guitar Center, you can buy a quality laminate wood Kamoa soprano or pineapple off of the Ukulele Underground's store. ukeunderground.bigcartel.com

Last edited:
@SSB wow sometimes i try to rep MGM so much i forget that UU has ukulele's in the UU Store. i guess the service that MGM gave was so awesome it just left a great impression on me.

If you're on the east coast, you can check out Uke Republic in Georgia.

The laminate mahogany Kamoa ukes in the UU store are a great deal. But if you're looking for even cheaper than that, get a Kala or Makala from MGM. They'll be set up much better than anything from Musician's Friend, and in that price range, little adjustments go a loooong way.

Musician's Friend doesn't suck if you're buying a guitar or accessories, but their ukulele selection leaves a lot to be desired and service can be temperamental.

Almost any instrument on Musician's Friend will be over $49. So type in FREE49 in the coupon code for free shipping. :)

-Jeff

Top Bottom