PDA

View Full Version : Thickest gauge ukulele string in the market

1300cc
12-28-2013, 12:26 AM
I want to know the thickest or widest diameter of uke string available, would that be savarez strings?

PhilUSAFRet
12-28-2013, 05:04 AM
classical guitar strings

sukie
12-28-2013, 05:13 AM
I want to know the thickest or widest diameter of uke string available, would that be savarez strings?
Nope. T2s are thicker.

Dan Uke
12-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Nope. T2s are thicker.

The nylon strings tend to be thicker than other strings I've tried. Savarez are blends I believe

iamesperambient
12-28-2013, 06:16 AM
The nylon strings tend to be thicker than other strings I've tried. Savarez are blends I believe

are savarez any good? never tried them before.

sukie
12-28-2013, 06:17 AM
are savarez any good? never tried them before.

After using T2s for 3years I recently switched to Savarez. So far I really like them. I imagine it is quite a personal thing.

iamesperambient
12-28-2013, 06:18 AM
After using T2s for 3years I recently switched to Savarez. So far I really like them. I imagine it is quite a personal thing.

ill check em out. ive very happy with aquila nylguts on my soprano
and red series on my concert. i am however looking for the perfect
baritone strings and im thinking thicker gauge may not be the best
thing for baritone.

mm stan
12-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Why would you like the thickest string possible..if you have a light build uke, you might damage the neck or so and it is less comfort to play...unless you are thinking
of warming up the tone..also too thick and the C string may start to sound thuddy on a light build uke...good luck.. Salvarez is a low tension string medium guage string...I like them
on light built ukes.. :)

1300cc
12-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Why would you like the thickest string possible..if you have a light build uke, you might damage the neck or so and it is less comfort to play...unless you are thinking
of warming up the tone..also too thick and the C string may start to sound thuddy on a light build uke...good luck.. Salvarez is a low tension string medium guage string...I like them
on light built ukes.. :)
I have tried Aquila, Fremont, k Middleton, worth and martins. After reading some reviews that savarez has a thicker gauge, it is now my favorite string. But I want to experiment with a little bit more thicker. I have savarez on my soprano, concert and tenor.

tonet
12-28-2013, 09:43 AM
I have tried Aquila, Fremont, k Middleton, worth and martins. After reading some reviews that savarez has a thicker gauge, it is now my favorite string. But I want to experiment with a little bit more thicker. I have savarez on my soprano, concert and tenor.

http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/savarez-ukulele-strings-tenor-150r-kf-alliance-full-set-7298.html?zenid=0e9lg99r3prrjnces32q6hdps0

Watching this page it seems like Savarez strings are thinner and lower tension than J71, T2, and Ko'olau strings.

mm stan
12-28-2013, 12:40 PM
i have tried aquila, fremont, k middleton, worth and martins. After reading some reviews that savarez has a thicker gauge, it is now my favorite string. But i want to experiment with a little bit more thicker. I have savarez on my soprano, concert and tenor.

what you did not try oasis...buy a set...are you kidding me....overall they are great...:)

mm stan
12-28-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/savarez-ukulele-strings-tenor-150r-kf-alliance-full-set-7298.html?zenid=0e9lg99r3prrjnces32q6hdps0

Watching this page it seems like Savarez strings are thinner and lower tension than J71, T2, and Ko'olau strings.

Quite right, but on my uke is has volume, sweet , has clarity and substain... way above martins, a bit thinner too

mm stan
12-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Depends which Salvarez strings you have, the stock ones or guitar ones... :)

1300cc
12-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Depends which Salvarez strings you have, the stock ones or guitar ones... :)
140r and 150r

1300cc
12-28-2013, 12:58 PM
what you did not try oasis...buy a set...are you kidding me....overall they are great...:)ill give it a try